Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
Bleak picture of life up north...

"The report states: “The health of people in Doncaster is generally worse than the England average. Deprivation is higher than average and 14,825 children live in poverty. Life expectancy is lower than the England average."

“Life expectancy is 10 years lower for men and 7.1 years lower for women in the most deprived areas of Doncaster”

"It also warns one in five Year 6 school pupils are classified as obese"

’Health of people in Doncaster is worse than average’ - Health - The Star

Glad I live in one of the better areas then :thumb:

Have a look HERE there's not that much of a North / South divide

:D

grim.jpg

There are parts of Plymouth, Swindon and Bristol that are pretty grim. Don't think it's a regional thing as in culturally more an area within a region. Same the world over. Some of the worse poverty I have seen in the first world was in USA.

To have a pop at us Northerners :thumb:
The article refers to the difference in life expectancy across the different areas of Doncaster, that's what I don't get?

It doesn't seem to make any reference to how much better the south is, as is being implied here....:rolleyes:

I'm glad I don't live in the North.

Why is it North South? Why not East West?
because it is;)

but there are pros and cons

north
cheaper for most things so if you work in a big company you undoubtedly have a higher disposable income in the north than your southern colleagues
colder and wetter
air travel to europe is more expensive

south
weather is better most of the year round
south west is wetter than most of the country
seasonal unemployment cripples most area
much more traffic congestion

sure this will spark some debate, currently up north and enjoying it

because it is;)

but there are pros and cons

north
cheaper for most things so if you work in a big company you undoubtedly have a higher disposable income in the north than your southern colleagues
colder and wetter
air travel to europe is more expensive

south
weather is better most of the year round
south west is wetter than most of the country
seasonal unemployment cripples most area
much more traffic congestion

sure this will spark some debate, currently up north and enjoying it

it's utter tosh that air travel costs more, i live 6 miles from newcastle international.. and can get to europe cheaper than i can from london.

outside of europe is a different matter.

i'd also say that the average stranger (certainly in the north east) is far more friendly than the ones darn sarf.

you could give me billions, and i'll never leave the north... it's great up here, besides there are too many southerners darn sarf! :D

oh and you can't get pease pudding down there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom