North West Car Meetings - Veterans Garage - Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
Hi

Benzmanc kindly supplied info regarding The Veterans Garage in Manchester, which is a great sounding project to support armed forces veterans and they hold regular car meetings.

Veterans Garage

If anyone has been , or is planning to go, it would be worth posting something on here. I hope to visit at some point later this year.

Some upcoming dates.

0A35179D-D8EB-4919-877E-0DEBAF985892.png

Andy

I've been a few times to this, as have others on here.

It's a good local breakfast meet more than anything else, with a wide variety of cars. It's usually held on grass though, so beware if it's been raining.

I've been a few times to this, as have others on here.

It's a good local breakfast meet more than anything else, with a wide variety of cars. It's usually held on grass though, so beware if it's been raining.

Hi Dave

I wondered if you had been, thanks for the tip about parking. Those of with more bhp than grip could be a bit embarrassed needing a push off the grass :)

Sounds like one which could be a “short notice” mini meet if the weather is good and folks are about. Maybe someone in the Red Rose county may want to start something on this one? I’m sure a few of us in the White Rose county would come over for a Coffee , saying that I believe Jim (AKA Noisy Jim) goes over every day but not in the C63 :)

Andy

I’d be up for a run over the pennies if it fits in with work :)

Paul Will try to sort something later in the year That works for most folk.

Maybe meeting up at Ainley Top Services on the M62 would be a good spot before we venture over to “The Dark Side” , you can lead on this drive as rumour has it there may be “Wildlings” and “White Walkers” over there :D

PS Hope your a Game of Thrones fan;)

I’ll alert the guard towers. Have to keep the riff raff out

Game of what, I’ve never seen a full episode, I was thinking over the strines through bradwell, turn at tideswell crossroads and sneak under the radar the back way :D:D

I’ll alert the guard towers. Have to keep the riff raff out[/QUOTE

Make sure they look out for Green Dragons , Paul will be piloting one. I may try and round up some support from the ‘Stangs tribe (that’s Must Stangs) if we decide on a Yanks Day :)

I'm hoping to attend the Cars & Coffee Monthly Meet on 12th May, but if the sun is out my BMW Cab will be the vehicle of choice.

I'll be driving back up from Benz on the Green on the 12th so won't be there as it usually takes around 4 - 5 hours travel time home and I won't be setting off too early. :(

I'll have a look at the June meet a bit nearer the time but there are a few other MB specific ones starting to appear on the calendar now...

I'm hoping to attend the Cars & Coffee Monthly Meet on 12th May, but if the sun is out my BMW Cab will be the vehicle of choice.
Can get very busy (300/400 cars on some dates last year) and they have changed the parking layout somewhat. Best to get there 9ish or just after or otherwise you will get squashed in a bit. Most have gone before 12, but there's a great café on site to watch aircraft and helis from.

Can get very busy (300/400 cars on some dates last year) and they have changed the parking layout somewhat. Best to get there 9ish or just after or otherwise you will get squashed in a bit. Most have gone before 12, but there's a great café on site to watch aircraft and helis from.
Thanks for the advice

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Manchester Cars & Coffee today. Sun is out so BMW cab it is.

Manchester Cars & Coffee today. Sun is out so BMW cab it is.

Looking like a nice day, enjoy , hopefully you can post some photos and we can organise a meeting over there at a future event.

Thanks for posting the pictures Ian. Must try and sort out a trip over the Pennines for this one :thumb:

7FB14F5B-17D7-4BE2-9033-BD97C1EC3523.png Ian

Looks good , what time does it start to get busy at these meets? They have dates up for June and July so might try and get across for one , but may be short notice.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom