Northern MB Meeting, August 2018, Venue Poll

Preferred Venue

• 1. Locomotion, Shildon, County Durham

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
Hi

Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting at the NCMM in Wakefield on 27 May and making it a great day out.:)

I’m planning another event for August, everyone welcome. I need to decide on a venue, thanks to everyone for their suggestions. This time around I’m going to limit the choice to those places I’ve visited myself and therefore know we will be able to have a good meeting, and know the area so I can plan a drive out in the afternoon. I hope to visit some of the other places people suggested over the summer.

Once we have a preferred venue I will run a poll for a date during August.

1. Locomotion, Shildon County Durham Home | Locomotion

2. Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, York Yorkshire Air Museum - The Largest Independent Air Museum in the UK

3. The Waterwheel Cafe and Bistro, Howden, East Yorkshire howden, bistro, restaurant, afternoon tea, waterwheel, food,

Happy voting:)

Andy

All look great venues Andy- as I’ve said on the PL I’ll abstain from the vote as I’m on holiday half of August but happy to go with the flow if I’m here

August would be good as quite busy now with holidays, weddings etc (gotta be done!) All sound good but Waterwheel sounded good from what i heard and just off the M62. Gotta put this new baseball cap to some use ;)

Thanks

Alex

All look great venues Andy- as I’ve said on the PL I’ll abstain from the vote as I’m on holiday half of August but happy to go with the flow if I’m here

Thanks John. Hopefully you can make it , I’ll need someone to help gather all of the E Class together :rolleyes:

August would be good as quite busy now with holidays, weddings etc (gotta be done!) All sound good but Waterwheel sounded good from what i heard and just off the M62. Gotta put this new baseball cap to some use ;)

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex

The Waterwheel is very nice and there is a Shell filling station a couple of miles away if you need it ;)

The Air Museum is not far away and has more to do.

Cast your vote and let’s see how it goes.:)

Excellent, yes travelling from Leeds to Howden or York i would probably need a refill:rolleyes:
Think it's smiles per gallon?!

Excellent, yes travelling from Leeds to Howden or York i would probably need a refill:rolleyes:
Think it's smiles per gallon?!

That’s why you look so happy in the CL Alex :D

Question is would you have enough fuel to do a drive up to the NY Moors with a full tank, it would be around 120 miles I think ?

Depending on date, might make a short break of it (a night or two at a local hotel) and would be up for a curry if any like-minded individuals are interested.

Just as long as you forgive my chosen make of car..........

Depending on date, might make a short break of it (a night or two at a local hotel) and would be up for a curry if any like-minded individuals are interested.

Just as long as you forgive my chosen make of car..........

You will be more than welcome, we let an E Type in at the last meetup :D The E(lite) Class guys may ask you to park with the C Class though. ;) Have you voted?

Andy

That’s why you look so happy in the CL Alex :D

Question is would you have enough fuel to do a drive up to the NY Moors with a full tank, it would be around 120 miles I think ?
I can nearly get to Kent on a full tank so yes..maybe;)

What ever is the preferred venue I’ll run a poll after the end of June for dates which include some Saturdays and Sundays in August. :)

E64367C1-5544-4DC8-8EF4-F99B65EB4B31.png I’m running the same poll in the AMG Private Lounge to capture as many people as possible.

Currently Elvington is the most Popular venue, 11 votes, 1 for Howden and zero for Locomotion.

Andy

Hey, sorry I've only just picked this up, haven't been on for a while. Both Howden and Elvington are on my doorstep. Is there any chance we could make use of the airstrip at Elvington? Might be nice to set up a little drag race?

Hey, sorry I've only just picked this up, haven't been on for a while. Both Howden and Elvington are on my doorstep. Is there any chance we could make use of the airstrip at Elvington? Might be nice to set up a little drag race?

Hi Roger

If we go to Ellvington it’s just the Car Park I’m hoping to secure this time around :) if we do go there I’m sure it’s something we could discuss for a future meeting.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom