Northern Meeting Dates 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
Hi everyone

I’ll keep this post going throughout the year so people can get dates in their diary and we can hopefully have some well supported meetings Northern Meetings. As for what constitutes “Northern” let’s say Sheffield is at the southern end, bordering on the “Midlands”. If anyone is organising a meeting, or knows of something which would be of interest to other car enthusiasts, please let me know.

Cheers

Andy

14 April - Spring Meeting MBClub.co.uk/ AMG PL - Eden Camp , Malton, North Yorkshire

5 May - Spring Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall , Ripon, North Yorkshire Sportscars in the park

14 June - Yorkshire Modified Car Show , Scampston Hall, North Yorkshire, some oddball stuff, here but should make an interesting day out with the possibility of a drive out over the North Yorkshire Moors In the afternoon and a meal somewhere. https://outdoorshows.co.uk/yorkshire-modified-car-show/

September - Sports Cars In The Park, Lotherton Hall , Leeds , No Date as yet

Last edited:
Nice one Andy

Thanks Dalton. I’m sure there are lots of Northern folk we can coax out to meet up. You’re in a great spot to have a blast over the North Yorkshire Moors, my favourite driving roads (when I’ve got a car) :cool:

What you looking at buying next then Andy

It’s bought already , weather has scuppered plans to collect it. All I can say until it arrives is I won’t be out of place at a Merc meeting :D

It must have the words "AMG" on it............ and that doesn't include the plastic ones you get on ebay !!!!

Afternoon Andy/All,

Thank you for the information (dates), I do know an ex work colleague who is a member of the Ford RS Owners Club. Should I relay the dates (pending your approval of same) onto him?
Congratulations and best wishes on your new arrival, hopefully see you/all soon (again)?

Afternoon Andy/All,

Thank you for the information (dates), I do know an ex work colleague who is a member of the Ford RS Owners Club. Should I relay the dates (pending your approval of same) onto him?
Congratulations and best wishes on your new arrival, hopefully see you/all soon (again)?

Hi Sprintman

Please do , at the last Shildon Meeting we had a nice RS4 and RS3 owners from the NE join us for fun day out :D

Andy

Updated with Waterwheel Howden 9 March and corrected date for Yorkshire Modified Car Show :)

9 March - Breakfast Meeting - The Waterwheel Tearoom, Howden East Yorkshire , 10am.

The Waterwheel Tearoom | Tearoom & Bistro | Howden, East Yorkshire

14 April - Spring Meeting MBClub.co.uk/ AMG PL - Eden Camp , Malton, North Yorkshire

5 May - Spring Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall , Ripon, North Yorkshire Sportscars in the park

16 June - Yorkshire Modified Car Show , Scampston Hall, North Yorkshire, some oddball stuff, here but should make an interesting day out with the possibility of a drive out over the North Yorkshire Moors In the afternoon and a meal somewhere. https://outdoorshows.co.uk/yorkshire-modified-car-show/

21 July - Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall , Leeds

22 September - Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall, Ripon, North Yorkshire

Thought it might be worth updating the list. I’ll start a thread for each one closer to the event and make sure we get photos posted after the event.

9 March - Breakfast Meeting - The Waterwheel Tearoom, Howden East Yorkshire , 10am.

I think 8 owners attended and there was a big turn out by the Mustang Club as they were donating over £6000 they had raised to charity, Macmillan Nurses and the local Air Ambulance. Well done to those ‘Stang owners :thumb:

Waterwheel Wheel Tearoom - Howden- East Yorkshire - 09.03.2019

14 April - Spring Meeting MBClub.co.uk - Eden Camp , Malton, North Yorkshire

We had 18 cars and 16 of us did the drive out over the NY Moors to the Lion Inn for a meal. Miraculously we kept the cars together so well done to folk for keeping things tight.

Northern Spring Meeting, 14 April 2019, Eden Camp, Malton, North Yorkshire

A few folk are definitely going to this , unfortunately I can’t make it.

Sports Cars In The Park , Ripon, 5 May 2019

26 May - British Motor Museum, Gaydon Warwickshire.

Not exactly in “The North” but it’s a great venue so well worth day out. Quite a few names down for this already and there should be a bit of a convoy heading south down the M1 for those who want to join us.

The British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire - 26 May 2019

21 July - Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall , Leeds

Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall, Leeds - 21 July 2019

22 September - Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall, Ripon, North Yorkshire

If anyone knows of other interesting car events in “The North” please let post info on here. ;)

Andy

Last edited:
From some of our perspectives these are 'southern' events! ;)

Is anything happening north of the border - other than gatherings on my own drive of 3 or more Mercs!? ;)

Is anything happening north of the border - other than gatherings on my own drive of 3 or more Mercs!? ;)

We need a NC 500 run. I'm now waiting for the end of the tourist season and hoping for a good weather window in Autumn - If there is one will jump in the car and head to the "far" north..

Far north ? How far north ?

We need a NC 500 run. I'm now waiting for the end of the tourist season and hoping for a good weather window in Autumn - If there is one will jump in the car and head to the "far" north..

It can be arranged ;) Is there an official route etc maybe worth starting a separate thread :thumb:

To be fair , Glasgow is probably in the Far South ;)

It can be arranged ;) Is there an official route etc maybe worth starting a separate thread :thumb:

There is an official route - needs at least a week to do it properly and it is terribly crowded in summer.

Far north ? How far north ?

About as far as you can go by road - John O Groats being the north eastern tip of the NC 500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom