Northern Meeting Dates 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We need a NC 500 run. I'm now waiting for the end of the tourist season and hoping for a good weather window in Autumn - If there is one will jump in the car and head to the "far" north..
You'll be hoping a long time our seasons are short up here and come autumn things can be awful again!

I live on the 'official route' - runs passed my house in fact! I can stand on the road side with my bucket and sponge offering a quick 'scratch 'n shine valet for those driving passed slow enough and Mrs Edd1968 can offer teas and cakes a bit further up the road!!! ;)

Joking aside, I do indeed offer a NC500 valeting package - but you'd need to check out my website or fb as I'm not allowed to advertise on here! ;)

You'll be hoping a long time our seasons are short up here and come autumn things can be awful again!

Yep hopefully an Indian summer. I'm retired so can just jump in the car and go whenever it suits me! Otherwise next spring (couldn't go this year with family commitments). Was up around Pitlochry & Inverness in April 2 years ago and it was really good.

I live on the 'official route' - runs passed my house in fact! I can stand on the road side with my bucket and sponge offering a quick 'scratch 'n shine valet for those driving passed slow enough and Mrs Edd1968 can offer teas and cakes a bit further up the road!!! ;)

Joking aside, I do indeed offer a NC500 valeting package - but you'd need to check out my website or fb as I'm not allowed to advertise on here! ;)
I’m intent on doing the NC500 - well missing out a section I’ve travelled often- next year. The section i’m Missing is the far NE- my sister is in Helmsdale so I’m overnighting there, then heading inland probably up to Bettyhill to continue to the west and down. I’m thinking 5 days at the moment but planning is early....
If only I had your website .... edit : found you!

Last edited:
I’m intent on doing the NC500 - well missing out a section I’ve travelled often- next year. The section i’m Missing is the far NE- my sister is in Helmsdale so I’m overnighting there, then heading inland probably up to Bettyhill to continue to the west and down. I’m thinking 5 days at the moment but planning is early....
If only I had your website ....
Vehicle Valeting Prestige - Inverness - the Highlands - The Works

Back on track

9 March - Breakfast Meeting - The Waterwheel Tearoom, Howden East Yorkshire , 10am.

I think 8 owners attended and there was a big turn out by the Mustang Club as they were donating over £6000 they had raised to charity, Macmillan Nurses and the local Air Ambulance. Well done to those ‘Stang owners :thumb:

Waterwheel Wheel Tearoom - Howden- East Yorkshire - 09.03.2019

14 April - Spring Meeting MBClub.co.uk - Eden Camp , Malton, North Yorkshire

We had 18 cars and 16 of us did the drive out over the NY Moors to the Lion Inn for a meal. Miraculously we kept the cars together so well done to folk for keeping things tight.

Northern Spring Meeting, 14 April 2019, Eden Camp, Malton, North Yorkshire

5 May - Spring Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall , Ripon, North Yorkshire Sportscars in the park

A few folk are definitely going to this , unfortunately I can’t make it.

Sports Cars In The Park , Ripon, 5 May 2019

26 May - British Motor Museum, Gaydon Warwickshire.

Not exactly in “The North” but it’s a great venue so well worth day out. Quite a few names down for this already and there should be a bit of a convoy heading south down the M1 for those who want to join us.

The British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire - 26 May 2019

21 July - Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall , Leeds

Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall, Leeds - 21 July 2019

22 September - Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall, Ripon, North Yorkshire

If anyone knows of other interesting car events in “The North” please let post info on here. ;)

There's this place - scroll to the very bottom of the homepage for a few dates

Veterans Garage

H
There's this place - scroll to the very bottom of the homepage for a few dates

Veterans Garage

Hi Benzmanc

Thanks for the link, that looks an interesting place and could make a great location for a Mini Meet at some point this year. I’ll add it to the list. Have you been to any of the regular meetings?

Andy

Last edited:
New North West Car venue , Veterans Garage, added courtesy of Benzmanc :)

9 March - Breakfast Meeting - The Waterwheel Tearoom, Howden East Yorkshire , 10am.

I think 8 owners attended and there was a big turn out by the Mustang Club as they were donating over £6000 they had raised to charity, Macmillan Nurses and the local Air Ambulance. Well done to those ‘Stang owners :thumb:

Waterwheel Wheel Tearoom - Howden- East Yorkshire - 09.03.2019

14 April - Spring Meeting MBClub.co.uk - Eden Camp , Malton, North Yorkshire

We had 18 cars and 16 of us did the drive out over the NY Moors to the Lion Inn for a meal. Miraculously we kept the cars together so well done to folk for keeping things tight.

Northern Spring Meeting, 14 April 2019, Eden Camp, Malton, North Yorkshire

5 May - Spring Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall , Ripon, North Yorkshire Sportscars in the park

A few folk are definitely going to this , unfortunately I can’t make it.

Sports Cars In The Park , Ripon, 5 May 2019

26 May - British Motor Museum, Gaydon Warwickshire.

Not exactly in “The North” but it’s a great venue so well worth day out. Quite a few names down for this already and there should be a bit of a convoy heading south down the M1 for those who want to join us.

The British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire - 26 May 2019

21 July - Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall , Leeds

Sports Cars In The Park - Lotherton Hall, Leeds - 21 July 2019

22 September - Sports Cars In The Park, Newby Hall, Ripon, North Yorkshire

The Veterans Garage , Eccles, Manchester

This looks and interesting venue running regular car meetings throughout the year. The project aims to support armed forces veterans , lots more info on their website. If anyone fancies arranging a meeting there Just shout up.

Veterans Garage

If you know of other interesting car events in “The North” please let post info on here.

Thanks

Andy :)

H

Hi Benzmanc

Thanks for the link, that looks an interesting place and could make a great location for a Mini Meet at some point this year. I’ll add it to the list. Have you been to any of the regular meetings?

Andy

No I’ve not been as yet but I’m always up for a meet as it’s only 25mins away

Daz

Hi Daz

Thanks for the suggestion, looks good, I’ve created a separate post for this venue. Daveenty has been. It may be a bit of a Last Minute Dot Com type of thing but it would good to get a Mini Meet at one of the events later in the year. There are a few folk I know who may be up for a drive over the Pennines to see what it’s like over there :)

Andy

Last edited:
Nice and friendly over here Andy. I should be ok for anytime as long as it’s not September as we’ll be in Barbados :cool:

Nice and friendly over here Andy. I should be ok for anytime as long as it’s not September as we’ll be in Barbados :cool:

I’m sure everyone is ;) With quite a packed diary of events coming up in June and July we might be looking at August when the dates are posted , I could only see a month ahead on the website.

Andy

Some other interesting venues:
Jem Speed Shop, Batley
Oil Can Cafe, Holmfirth
Dark Woods Cafe, Marsden

Veterans Garage looks great and what a fab way to support ex-servicemen as well!

Some other interesting venues:
Jem Speed Shop, Batley
Oil Can Cafe, Holmfirth
Dark Woods Cafe, Marsden

Veterans Garage looks great and what a fab way to support ex-servicemen as well!

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions, will do a bit of research. I used to live near by so visited the Oil Can cafe , I’d heard the old mill building had been sold for housing development and the cafe had moved to a new venue not far away.

I’ve not heard of the other venues. Some nice roads out Marsden way too.

If you’re in Leeds maybe you can join us for a trip over the hill to the Veterans Garage at some point. A good meeting point would be the M62 Services at Ainley Top (think that’s correct) :)

Thanks Lee, will do next time we meet up :)

We probably doing a September/October one, can chat at Gaydon :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom