Not a blonde joke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Just seen that a woman in North Wales has been fined £200 for applying her make-up whilst driving. Both hands off the wheel!!!! and the car was moving. She pleaded guilty, but I wonder what that plea would have been if there was no video evidence. Police harrassment, innocent motorist victimised by bullying Police!!!

Yes she was a blonde

John

I saw it too. BBC Link
Apparantly she was already serving a 20 month ban !

From BBC NEWS WEBSITE said:
A letter from her solicitor asked that because she had been disqualified since the offence, no further ban be added.

she shouldnt have been driving when banned... she should get the ban extended by atleast another 2 years imho :mad:

Words simply fail where some people are concerned!!

I know we joke about sterotypes etc but people like this are what fuel those beliefs!! She should be banned for 5 years!:mad:

I was driving down the M61 at night, minding my own business, when I noticed a fiat punto on a sliproad approaching the motorway. The punto hit the motorway and went immediately into the middle lane, dispite the two of us being the only cars on the motorway... I was going considerably faster so shot past the punto on the inside, a quick glance to my right to see if the driver was awake etc and it was a blonde putting on makeup while looking at herself in the RVM/vanity mirror with the interior light on!

Seconds later she was just a pair of headlamps in the RVM, still in the middle lane mind...

SilverSaloon said:
she shouldnt have been driving when banned... she should get the ban extended by atleast another 2 years imho :mad:

Read it again. She was not banned at the time - she was banned for an unmentioned offence some time between this offence and the court hearing.

People like that need to be taken of our roads and I too also think that she should have been banned for longer!!!

Off Topic: I was parked behind a car at a set of traffic lights about a year ago now. The woman was busy doing her makeup whilst the lights were red (fair enough...) BUT when they turned green she was still applying her makeup and would not move - I sounded my horn to which she gave me the "V" sign with her two fingers :rolleyes: I ignored her and when she finally decided to move I pulled along side her at the next set of lights and casually told her how "awful" she looked (even with the make up applied...) and that she neeeded a professional makeover and she did not know what to say... :D :devil:

I think she was banned after this event not prior to it. A ban should be served here. Although in that case being honest I have done things that meen I would ban myself.

I remember - 10 years ago - drivng in america on holiday from las Vegas to Yosemite and we passed a motorcyclist on one of those low slung chopper bikes. He had his feet up on the handlebars steering and appeared to be quite happily reading a book whilst travelling at about 50ish ! I looked at my brother next to me as if to say - did you see THAT?!
The lippy lady should be banned for life BTW.
Les

DITTRICH said:
I remember - 10 years ago - drivng in america on holiday from las Vegas to Yosemite and we passed a motorcyclist

I'm not a one to tell tales, but........... :D

My cousin and her husband sometimes actually drive up to Washington DC from Florida to visit their children.

They explain to me how they swap drivers!!!!!!! at 70mph whilst on the Freeway. Evidently this is quite a common practice, the mind boggles at what else might be 'common' practice.

My cousin thought me quite a prude when I asked if she thought it was dangerous. Notice the word 'she'?...... Women drivers?? :) :D I have tactfully failed to mention the other driver is a male retired Air Force General!!! Obviously Safety procedures retired the same day as his retirement. ;)

John the stirrer

Couldn't resist it

KNITTING
A Police motor cyclist *****(Plodd???) pulled alongside a speeding car on the motorway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting!

Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, Plodd leaned against the drivers door, pulled up his visor and yelled, "PULLOVER!"

"NO!" the blonde yelled back, "IT'S A SCARF!"

*** Joke slightly altered :)

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom