Not a clue what this is.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mushr00m

Car
vito 638 108cdi
I found water coming out of this little tiny port that i did not now even existed. I tried looking for a hose that may have fallen off and cannot. I have kept an eye on the water levels and im not losing water. What the hell is this little port for and where is its little partner in crime....

Attachments

• what is this..png
    what is this..png
    308.9 KB · Views: 51
I don't know the answer to your question... but from the exploded view you posted, there's seems to be a hose attached to it?

PS - I am guessing this might be the top engine breather? And the water might be humidity condensation when the engine oil is hot? People sometimes disconnect the breather pipe so it's not feeding back into the intake manifold, but the proper way of doing it is with a small air filter at the end, and an oil collector can......

Agreed, as said, camshaft cover breather tube ,shove it back on find other end and do as MJ suggested. Use a cable tie to hold it on Good luck.

Isn’t it just a drain hole for when the spark plugs or injectors (if diesel) fill with water?

if it’s diesel car then it may be fuel coming out from an injector seal leak.

yes its a diesel van. not its not diesel. Its defo water. Since i had the van, there was never a hose attached to it at all. what i can do is attach a hose and run it down the back of the engine. It seemed odd that this occured when it has been the coldest day over the last 3 months. Thanks i will keep an eye on it alittle more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom