Not a good day..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking at it again, it looks like he went from a gritted/salted road, to one which is frosted over / not yet gritted.

I wouldn't park there in cold weather in the future FWIW!

Get the quote then full payment up front (probably no) then your insurance company.

Get the quote then full payment up front (probably no) then your insurance company.
The problem with this is that if after starting work, it transpires that more money is needed because of hidden issues, then it starts to get messy. My view is anything than obviously minor scruffs, go insurance .

And what if something isn't picked up during repair, but is an MOT fail 10 months later? Where do you go then?

Obviously the OP has to weigh this risk up vs the potential premium increases.

Sorry OP. What a pain of a situation to be in through zero fault of your own.

How can something which affects the mot be missed? If so it's the garages fault after paying the repair bill

You have to pay for insurance so why should he drive without it and damage your car?
Report him to the police and get your insurance company involved, especially if, as they say, you have unisured cover.
Don't forget he was about to walk away without leaving details so imo the chance of getting any payment from him seems slim.

If you watch the video the police will do nothing as yes its his car but try and prove he was driving it i think the OP is better biting the bullet and writing it off as a bad day at the office we can all sit here and advise him on what to do but its entirely up to him , you can't get blood out of a stone which ever way you look at it .Im sorry for the OP but these things happen (not nice i agree) insurance will increase as he has informed them already if they write it off (cat d) hopefully he will buy it back and repair at his own free will

Insurance job without a doubt. Just tell the other party that having read through your insurance policy documents you are legally obliged to inform them if your car has been involved in an accident. After conversation with them you have decided to leave the entire matter in their hands.

Insurance, that's what you buy it for, he's an idiot then watching the video he's a bigger idiot, as everyone has said if he wont pay for his insurance he wont pay for you car. If you try trusting him you wont sleep at night and for sure you wont get your money. Good luck with it all keep us posted.

Personally giving him the chance to pay up seems fair, you have all you need to make a claim should you need. 🤷‍♂️

Probably no help to you but if someone did that to my car he would be in hospital now eating through a straw.......... he shouldn't of even been out in the car so give him what he deserves a black eye and some time sitting in a cell trying to explain why he was driving. Really hate these scum people because that's why new have to pay a Kings ransom to get insured.

I said the same But it would be you in the cells

Probably no help to you but if someone did that to my car he would be in hospital now eating through a straw.......... he shouldn't of even been out in the car so give him what he deserves a black eye and some time sitting in a cell trying to explain why he was driving. Really hate these scum people because that's why new have to pay a Kings ransom to get insured.
Aha, the 600psi punch;)
You may feel like assaulting the other driver, but you'd be the one in court.
What is the point of that?

Exactly Rog

Easy to some members to sit behind a keyboard and say this s***

Be realistic, at the end of the day it’s only a car, no one was hurt, get it sorted via insurance or whatever and move on....... :)

Exactly Rog

Easy to some members to sit behind a keyboard and say this s***

Be realistic, at the end of the day it’s only a car, no one was hurt, get it sorted via insurance or whatever and move on....... :)
I'm by no means a keyboard warrior........... what I am is a hard worker man who has saved for many years to buy myself the car I always wanted. Sorry if my comment upset your feelings but I really don't care what you think.

Think you would be the one in a cell having to explain your actions.

Put the emotions to one side and be realistic, let the police/insurance sort things.

Not to lose sight during the delicate negotiations, one party is irrisposnsible,has poor judgement,lacks a moral compass and has demonstrated the capability to flout the law. The other will at some point have a shiny new car.

Quick update: decided to let my insurer deal with it and also informed 101 as he was asking for my full name and address (slightly sinister).

You did the right thing.

And saved yourself a lot of grief in the process...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom