Not a good start for first merc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, but common sense would suggest you check ANY car thoroughly before purchasing! How did you not notice all of this until after you bought it? I agree that it is poor of MB to see a car in this state, but surely you looked at it before handing over your hard earned?!
Both times we attended the dealer the weather conditions has been bad the car was
No, but common sense would suggest you check ANY car thoroughly before purchasing! How did you not notice all of this until after you bought it? I agree that it is poor of MB to see a car in this state, but surely you looked at it before handing over your hard earned?!
Like I said the areas affected you would have to get on your hands and knees..both times we went it had been raining and the dealership resembles a building site....New showroom being built...it was a case of out of sight out of mind....maybe I was foolish to believe all the spiel the salesman gave me and should of been more thorough...but who would expect this kind of service from a mercedes dealership.

Both times we attended the dealer the weather conditions has been bad the car was

Like I said the areas affected you would have to get on your hands and knees..both times we went it had been raining and the dealership resembles a building site....New showroom being built...it was a case of out of sight out of mind....maybe I was foolish to believe all the spiel the salesman gave me and should of been more thorough...but who would expect this kind of service from a mercedes dealership.
Unfortunately, it seems that not all Mercedes dealers are created equal.

maybe I was foolish to believe all the spiel the salesman gave me and should of been more thorough...but who would expect this kind of service from a mercedes dealership.

And there is the problem that you should not have to own. You have a right to expect a level of honesty. It is after all what Mercedes Benz and their dealerships would trade on if asked?

Sadly, Some Sales people struggle to spell honesty giving rise to the tired and hackneyed descriptions of used car salesmen as dishonest and never to be trusted.

Paint marks can be notoriously difficult to spot for a professional never mind a normal user, in the rain with poor lighting etc. Do not beat yourself up here for the failings of the dealership and their staff. Go back in the car, point out all the faults that you have now found, give it to them in writing and with photographs (if possible) and then politely suggest that you would like your money back as the car is not as described at the point of sale. Try to keep calm (this is not easy) but will pay dividends and hopefully get you the result that you wish.

It is worth considering that once spotted!! A fault cannot often not be unseen. They tend to stick in the brain and wave at you every time you walk past the car. So unless their fixing abilities outstrip their ability to tell the truth? I would walk away with my money back.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

My used approved certainly wasn’t like it was advertised in the tv advert either they couldn’t even put the correct registration number on the car and it’s had a shoddy smart repair as well. Sold to me with a chipped headlight that fogged up which they replaced but took another 2 trips to get the headlight and panel gaps sorted which is still not perfect.

In the end I gave up as the supplying dealer was over 2hrs away from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cavet emptor though. I'd have no qualms about getting on my hands and knees in the middle of a main dealer show room and poking around the car. At the end of the day it's my hard-earned cash.

Hi all...New member here....just like to share my first experience with approved used mercedes....won't name the dealer as this is still on going...purchased e250 coupe....had the car for 5 weeks now....and upon closer inspection it's quite clear the car had a vinyl wrap done by the previous owner ...and then removed..led strip light on boot doesn't work and rattles inside the boot interior trim...front bumper doesn't align with wing ...front bumper grill/mesh nearside not connected to 3 of the fixings and the mercedes emblem on the boot lid slightly bent....and black glue /residue all over the car from the wrap....inside the wheel arches and both bumpers...2 to 3 hours in a workshop and 1 hour with the valeter all this could of been unnecessary ...
Hi,
We looked at having a car wrapped a few years ago and visited the workshop before going ahead with it.
I was shocked at the amount of dismantling required to wrap a car properly.
In your cars case it was probably dismantled nicely, then wrapped and put back together properly.
But when the previous owner sold the car - he probably got the wrap removed in a more sloppy way and did not care how much time and effort went into the removal and refit process as when it was originally done.
You are now suffering from this shoddy workmanship by having trim pieces not lining up properly and things not working correctly.
I would be considering rejecting the car, if it was mine - as all this removal and refit of bumpers, trim and lights can’t be good for reliability, in the long run.
Cheers
Steve

If it's the dealership I think it is (starts with an "H"?) I would check their cars very carefully! A while back when the building works had just started and the used cars were basically in the building site, sand and rubble etc!, I looked at an E convertible available for sale and just like you describe yours, the condition was less than premium AND was apparently a "managers" car!

Not up to MB's stated standard...

My used approved certainly wasn’t like it was advertised in the tv advert either they couldn’t even put the correct registration number on the car and it’s had a shoddy smart repair as well. Sold to me with a chipped headlight that fogged up which they replaced but took another 2 trips to get the headlight and panel gaps sorted which is still not perfect.

In the end I gave up as the supplying dealer was over 2hrs away from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear that....I feel your frustration.

And there is the problem that you should not have to own. You have a right to expect a level of honesty. It is after all what Mercedes Benz and their dealerships would trade on if asked?

Sadly, Some Sales people struggle to spell honesty giving rise to the tired and hackneyed descriptions of used car salesmen as dishonest and never to be trusted.

Paint marks can be notoriously difficult to spot for a professional never mind a normal user, in the rain with poor lighting etc. Do not beat yourself up here for the failings of the dealership and their staff. Go back in the car, point out all the faults that you have now found, give it to them in writing and with photographs (if possible) and then politely suggest that you would like your money back as the car is not as described at the point of sale. Try to keep calm (this is not easy) but will pay dividends and hopefully get you the result that you wish.

It is worth considering that once spotted!! A fault cannot often not be unseen. They tend to stick in the brain and wave at you every time you walk past the car. So unless their fixing abilities outstrip their ability to tell the truth? I would walk away with my money back.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Picked up the car on Saturday and all the defects I queried had been put right...they had the car for one week and provided me with a loan car...glad it's all been sorted but was so unnecessary and certainly doesn't do their reputation any good.

They sorted it which is the main thing. Not the best dealership in the country, but possibly better than Milton Keynes who didn't fix my car and I have the pleasure of taking it back when I get back from holiday for them to have another try!! MB are not what they used to be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom