Not a great start for new Top gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So they disrupted a wedding at St Pauls and did "doughnuts" near to The Cenotaph and then apologised unreservedly on National Radio / TV this morning. Some things just don't change........

Wonder when Mr Evans will whack a producer and end up in court...........

It wasn't a real wedding..it was part of the program.

Any one see the Ken block video of the mustang brilliant in my opinion

What's Top Gear, who's Clarkson?

Oh, yes of course I remember now.

Ken Block? All these names in this thread...his doesn't ring a bell.

Although JC, RH & JM did cause mayhem at times, I doubt Clarkson would have done something like this; he's quite the patriot and always shows our armed forces in a good light, doing donuts in the vicinity of the Cenotaph would have been a bit disrespectful.

And I thought Ken Block was a DJ?

Far more important things to be losing sleep about other than this, doing doughnuts in the same street as a memorial to the war. It's not like they were spinning around it, lets gets some context shall we?

As an aside I find ken Blocks Hoonigan creations and gymkhana videos entertaining.

As for driving he competes/competed in the WRC and rallycross. He can drive as he'd require to qualify for an international licence to do so.

Lets have enquiries into the state of the NHS, Nonces, MP's lining their own pockets or even nonce MP's and Lords.

Or is spinning a car around in the street more henous than any of these?

A sense of perspective required.

Judge for yourself. Looking at these shots the doughnut in question appears to have been set up quite close to the Cenotaph- but with the camera angles directed away from the monument. Not the crime of the century but perhaps a bit of insensitivity from the production crew and the council who, with perhaps an eye to the tourist market, seems to have given them carte blanche without a detailed breakdown of what they intended. You might of thought at least one of them had seen Top Gear to know what to expect?
[YOUTUBE HD]As1_wY8vAfo[/YOUTUBE HD]

Top Gear stunt: Cenotaph will not be shown on programme, BBC says - BBC News

Certainly from this report that would appear correct
quote:- The day was not what had been agreed during the planning process.
"At no time had the BBC producers made Westminster City Council aware that the car was going to be doing anything but drive down Whitehall.
"There was no discussion about wheel spins and a doughnut and permission would not have been given to do so."

It is notable that the incriminating video footage must have been taken with a very long focal length lens which has the effect of foreshortening any shot lending it a false perspective.

Good publicity...

They knew what they were doing.

This.

It's Chris Evans trying to be Jeremy Clarkson. Something he will fail miserably at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom