Not a great start for new Top gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On his Radio 2 programme this morning, Chris Evans apologised profusely and went on to explain how the Top Gear producers had arranged to have several roads closed for filming to take place.

Why are the authorities inconveniencing countless people by closing public roads in central London for this sort of nonsense ? If my friends and I decide that we'd like to mess around in a similar manner for a few hours will they close the roads for us too ?

On his Radio 2 programme this morning, Chris Evans apologised profusely and went on to explain how the Top Gear producers had arranged to have several roads closed for filming to take place.

Why are the authorities inconveniencing countless people by closing public roads in central London for this sort of nonsense ? If my friends and I decide that we'd like to mess around in a similar manner for a few hours will they close the roads for us too ?

It's done all the time. You don't want to go to New York!!

I'm only surprised by how relatively cheap it is.

I hope Police served the BBC with a bill for their services?

Scott_F said:
On his Radio 2 programme this morning, Chris Evans apologised profusely and went on to explain how the Top Gear producers had arranged to have several roads closed for filming to take place. Why are the authorities inconveniencing countless people by closing public roads in central London for this sort of nonsense ? If my friends and I decide that we'd like to mess around in a similar manner for a few hours will they close the roads for us too ?
Money.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hey. You can't tease us like that. You seem to know too much about it. :dk:

Spill the beans. Are we about to see you on the tele??? :eek:

Ant.

It was in the Daily Mail.

I believe that at one point the Limehouse Link was a huge money earner for the Council. Almost all of it from filming for TV & Movies.

Of course there's a lot more heinous stuff than this around- obviously there is. BUT there is still a generation or two around who will find the disrespect shown by the immature antics of these people wholly unacceptable. That is their perspective and they are entitled to it . (now ducks down behind parapet)

Until the new programme hits the screens I'm amusing myself catching up on the very first TG from BC1978 (before clarkson)

20160315_190831_zps20lt52gu.jpg

I'm also going through every TG since Clarkson joined in 2002. Got a lot of catching up to do with 24 series of at least 7x 1hr programmes.

20160315_190654_zpsjopidmr5.jpg

Streamed direct to the TV from a Kodi loaded entertainment box.;)

Of course there's a lot more heinous stuff than this around- obviously there is. BUT there is still a generation or two around who will find the disrespect shown by the immature antics of these people wholly unacceptable. That is their perspective and they are entitled to it . (now ducks down behind parapet)

People are obviously entitled to think whatever i want.

I'm not sure if I should feel sad for people getting offended by this that and the other, as they cant have much meaningful going on in their life to sit there and actually have these strong opinions on meaningless things.

Or should I feel envious as their lives are so perfect that these 'issues' seem worthwhile bringing up?

Baffles me!

People are obviously entitled to think whatever i want.

I'm not sure if I should feel sad for people getting offended by this that and the other, as they cant have much meaningful going on in their life to sit there and actually have these strong opinions on meaningless things.

Or should I feel envious as their lives are so perfect that these 'issues' seem worthwhile bringing up?

Baffles me!

My view:

The Cenotaph was built by a grateful nation to show respect for their dead, who are our dead. It wasn't built for Top Gear to do stunts.

It is another incident where doing nothing would have been better than doing something. It served no purpose and displayed a complete lack of any recognition for the sacrifice of so many and the desire of so any to honour that sacrifice.

I am not offended by it. I am disappointed that we live amongst people who simply are incapable of understanding a simple concept and showing respect for something that is so very important.

I must've watched the wrong video as the one I found only shows a car doing burnouts, with war memorials in the background.

What stunt did they do with the Cenotaph, and what did they do to disrespect the dead?

Link to a video would be helpful.

Thanks

As pointed out previously the video which started the fuss was taken by a third party and due to the focal length of the lens employed gave the impression that the burnout was closer to the memorial than it actually was. So No harm no foul right?------ wrong. To think thus would be to ignore the importance of symbolism in the nations psyche. The Cenotaph is only a collection of Portland stone piled up in Whitehall right? -- wrong-- its what it represents that's the thing. I'm sure the BBC production team meant no disrespect but that unfortunately was the impression given and where symbolism is concerned " impressions " matter----- as evinced by the BBC's immediate and unequivocal apology. :dk:

fredT said:
I must've watched the wrong video as the one I found only shows a car doing burnouts, with war memorials in the background. What stunt did they do with the Cenotaph, and what did they do to disrespect the dead? Link to a video would be helpful. Thanks

So you missed the BBC national news along with the entire UK press coverage?

Can I borrow your selective vision specs please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom