Not a merc - My Dodge Ram engine swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borys

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 cl500
Just to share with you guys few pics.
Got myself Dodge ram with dead engine - cheap
Getting new engine in this week, fingers crossed will run 2morrow.

Both engines side by side

View attachment 32776

Empty engine bay

View attachment 32777

New engine in :)

View attachment 32778

2morrow final stage, hopefully will fire up no probs. Got 2 month warranty on the engine.Cannot wait

Last edited:
4.7 or 5.7 HEMI?

EDIT: I'd guess its the 4.7 I had in my Jeep GC judging by the throttle body location at the back, HEMI is at the front...

Nice little motor, not much BHP but a lot of torque.

A neighbour had a mean one - SRT? - sounded like God stubbing his toe in a tunnel when he rumbled past!! :cool:

SRT10 RAM had a the same motor as the dodge Viper, 8.3L V10. Beast.

SRT8 Grand Cherokees sound great too, old one was 6.1 new is 6.4 - both V8s.

That's it SRT10.

Yeah, those sound fantastic. Love American muscle.

I was going to go to town on my Jeep next year, had cams waiting to be fitted, was tuned by a guy in America using SCT tuner + datalogging. I spent £20k on the car in the 4 years I owned it, just scrapped it after getting the CLK.

Some pics here on flickr if anyones interested in looking - mine is the silver one.

Sorry for any hi-jacking here OP but if you need any help/info give me a shout!!

martyp87 said:

I was going to go to town on my Jeep next year, had cams waiting to be fitted, was tuned by a guy in America using SCT tuner + datalogging. I spent £20k on the car in the 4 years I owned it, just scrapped it after getting the CLK.

Some pics here on flickr if anyones interested in looking - mine is the silver one.

Sorry for any hi-jacking here OP but if you need any help/info give me a shout!!

That weird I just bought a 6.4 engine and box with SRT8 running gear with a view of shoehorning into a Cherokee XJ!

4.7 it is.Not much power but as Dodge is single cab and short bed should be ok with the torque it has.Engine I put in is from grand cherokee,same motor.Used only the block and heads,rest is Dodge.Will see today how it runs,hopefully afternoon.It has Magnatlow exhaust on it so will take some sound video of it once done.
Cheers

Wow your Jeep was a stunner!!!
Would love my engine bay to look like on yours-awsome

4.7 it is.Not much power but as Dodge is single cab and short bed should be ok with the torque it has.Engine I put in is from grand cherokee,same motor.Used only the block and heads,rest is Dodge.Will see today how it runs,hopefully afternoon.It has Magnatlow exhaust on it so will take some sound video of it once done.
Cheers

Yes please,a video would be nice.Those things sound :devil:
Hope it goes well Borys

It is running!!!!
Guys for future ref you can fit 4.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine in a Dodge Ram
Would like to proof now to all breakers which I called and said to me it won't fit, literally were arguing with me.
Thanx god I was right
Sound video to follow
Cheers

Good work.

I just did something (today) which everyone I called said couldn't be done, and it's a relief to say the least hat the punt paid off!!

Wouldn't have imagined it wouldn't fit as the 4.7 was shared between a few trucks. Only difference was the wiring, some used JTEC PCMs others used NGC which had different teeth on the tone ring (16 / 32 respectively).

Glad to hear you got it up and running, Magnaflow systems sound fantastic and the 4.7 gives off a great rumble and gets you down the road quick. Surprised many people at the lights... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom