Not a Merc..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
When did you last see one of these?

DAF 44 0.8 2dr

Looks minty but not sure it's worth that money - I suppose with the current attitude of "it's old therefore stick another zero on" someone'll buy it.

Look at the offset on the pedals though - makes my back ache just looking at it. Not a car you'd want to drive far in, I suspect. But then with 28bhp and a rubber band transmission, there's probably more than one reason for that..

Cheers,

Gaz

Oddly there's a chap in the next road to us that has a couple of these in as new condition.

He also has some NSU "rubber band" cars too. Comical little things.

The "key facts" appear to describe two different cars: one lhd with a black leather interior and one rhd with a tan vynl interior.

The "key facts" appear to describe two different cars: one lhd with a black leather interior and one rhd with a tan vynl interior.

Obviously posted by someone "hard of thinking" :dk:

I think due to the gearbox setup these can go the same speed in forwards or reverse!

I once bought my wife a mint VW Polo saloon. She took one look and said: "I'm not driving that, it looks like a Trabant".

I wouldn't have dared buy her one of these...

ivan1983 said:
I think due to the gearbox setup these can go the same speed in forwards or reverse!
You're right: they can :)

This from the 1971 Daily Mail motor show review. Women, know your place!

DAF33_zpseosd034d.jpg

Cheers,

Gaz

It's a DAF 44 in the headline but it has 33 badging :confused:

Here's the catalogue for them DAF 1970

Less than £700 new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom