Not a Mercedes, but a lot BHP for the money?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks nice but quite a few of these are now turning up with blown cylinder head gaskets or failed water pumps or both. Just something to be aware of.

That's a hell of a deal from where i'm standing. A nice one like that is probably 2-3 times the price in the US.

It has an MB transmission :)

A mate has one of those XJR (but the I6 engine). Nice cars but you have to be a Jag enthusiast to swallow the regular repair bills.

I think last weeks bill for him was £300 for new coil packs, fitted DIY.

Oh and if you think Mercs rust.........

edit: it says it has FSH, yet it was last serviced 18k miles ago

Last edited:
That's a hell of a lot of car for the money.
I've always loved Jags, last car was a Jag, if I had a couple of grand spare I would be extremely tempted........

Looks too good to be true. Ones on Autotrader are at least double that, £6250-£6995 range.

Looks too good to be true. Ones on Autotrader are at least double that, £6250-£6995 range.

That's what I was thinking, as Ian says its worth a punt at that, all I would need now would be a sheepskin coat and trilby.:)
I had a 3.6 XJ40 about 15 years ago, only problem it had was rust on the boot lid

Alan

Attachments

• XJ40013.jpg
    XJ40013.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't think the picture was going to come out as big as the car!

Alan

Last edited:
The car speaks for itself, so I will let you appreciate what it is worth, hence NO RESERVE. Due to EBay you are likely to get an exceptional deal

I think he may have clicked classified in error instead of Auction!!!! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom