Not a nice call for a Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truffs

Car
R172 SLK
Well sat in the office just wrapping up for the weekend and the phone goes its Mrs Truffs

"how good a mood are you in" good was my reply

Urm i might have put the car in D instead of R and hit a wall in the car park

God knows what i will find when i get home, she says there is nothing possibly a light scratch.

She's only been driving the merc the last few weeks too, Don't you just love them

Fingers crossed the plastic bumper popped back to its original shape without damage.

Must admit to nearly doing this a few times since I swithched cars and went from floor to column change!

Hope all is well when you get home.

Oh well, at least she is alright - think of all the making up she can do....

"..might have..."

Hmm heard that somewhere before and did not make it any better: the possible outcomes are pretty binary!

Sounds like the other half - "I think I caught the car on the corner of the garage"

£1,500 later....

Right in the middle of moving house it was too, and while my then C320 was having a new geearbox...

Cars.

Hoping for good news when you get home. At least she fessed up - could have said someone ran into in the car park unless of course the car is full of brick dust :eek:

Well it is a car and ultimately not important, it is, by the sound of things drivable and possibly has just a scratch, scuff or dent.

Your wife is uninjured and just as importantly it seems that you have a relationship where she feels able to tell you about things and openly discuss them, that is something to be grateful for!

Enjoy your weekend:)

Your wife played this all wrong...she should have waited until you got home and smooched you like this:-

Wife: "Darling, have you ever seen a £20 note all crumpled up?"

You: "No, not really my dearest"

She gives you a sexy little smile, reaches into her cleavage and pulls out a crumpled £20 note.

Wife: "Have you ever seen a £50 note all crumpled up?"

You: "Guess not."

She gives you another sexy little smile, reaches into her knickers and pulls out a crumpled £50 note.

Wife: "Now, have you ever seen £30,000 all crumpled up?"

You: "No, can't say I have."

She: "Well darling, go take a look in the garage..."

(I know, I know - the old ones are the worst!) :D

PS: Hope the damage is not too bad...

Inspected it this morning, it's really not as bad as I was expecting. Slight dent on the bar at the bottom of the bumper, no paint off all in could be worse.

She was actually in tears when I got in bless

Hmmm that would leave me suspecting some greater issue to be disclosed at an appropriate moment.

Like the time I was tearfully informed late one evening whilst abed that there were now a few scratches on the Land Cruiser bumper. How bad could it be? So I stayed put. Anyway it was raining.

So out I go in the morning and discover deep gouges. And a partially demolished garden wall.

Reasoning for this non disclosure: "You would only have got upset and then not been able to sleep"

Ah right. Saved from myself again.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom