Not an April Fool trick in June!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
For keeping flies away...
The science behind this idea is simple; the water/coin combination throws multiple prisms of light which affects a fly's compound eyes (which they don't like) so stay away. People are reporting that it works on FB. One sceptic tested this at the entrance to her horse box and was amazed at the way flies would approach to enter the box and then fly away. Even with the ringing endorsements, I too remain sceptical but anything to keep the blighters away so I will be trying it.

Attachments

• 942661_10151727448095763_1362272420_n.jpg
    942661_10151727448095763_1362272420_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 95
The origin is that was is a simple method of working out where the 'tards live, based on spotting coins in bags attached to doorways (apparently) ;)

Hope that makes sense :D

Real answer = no it does not work and there's no evidence to prove otherwise, but everyone likes their 15 seconds of internet "fame" on social media... Click here if you like this post :D

Last edited:
Not so much the coins, but when we went on holiday to the Peloponnese a few years back, most of the restaurants had water filled bags hung up to keep the mozzies away.

Not sure it was 100% effective as I never took a scientific measurement of bites per Stifado.

There was an old adage about something Lisa used to keep flies off the watermelon but can't for the life of me remember what it was :dk:

If its on Facebook then it must be true

What's Facebook?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom