Not another speed camera thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
INo one is making you plead guilty? As the saying goes, we are innocent until proved to be guilty.

Regards
John

Not in driving cases.
You are guilty until you can prove it was not you who comitted the offence or not you who was driving.
The prosecution just has to sit back and watch you run around gathering evidence for your own trial.

They definately do take a facial picture.
I can't see it being against the law as it isn't being used other than for evidence, or distributed.

And no I haven't been on Candid scamera.

It would also seem that they no longer post you a picture, they give you a number to go on line with, then you can view or print it

yeah right.
do the police have to say you were driving or do you have to incriminate yourself or if really you do not know ,you still will get stuffed.
Unless of course if you are lord xyz or sir abc.

having to say who was driving is prosecuting yourself.
I never heard a burglar or armed robber telling the police which houses he robbed or which cars he used to rob banks.if you say you were driving what is the point of pleading not guilty then?
You have already won the case for them.

You have the right to present your case in court, or to accept that it was you and cough up - similar to pleading guilty or not guilty to most people I'd think.

excuse me .
1. a burglar is caught on cctv robbing a bank.
2. A car is caught on gatso doing 35 in a 30

3. police arrest a suspect from cctv evidence and say we have to prove to the court that it was you committing this bank burglary. we will be looking for evidence. you do not have to say anything blah/blah/blah

4. Police write to car owner saying you have to own up to committing this driving offence or tell us and the courts who did it, or provide us evidence you were not driving. please tell us or failure to tell us blah/blah/blah

Smells like double standards to me.

Surely what happens is that the Burglar is shown the evidence and given the opportunity to plead either guilty or not.

The motorist has the same opportunity.

Surely what happens is that the Burglar is shown the evidence and given the opportunity to plead either guilty or not.

The motorist has the same opportunity.

difference is if the cctv does not show the burglars face , the case is thrown out.
Now if the gatso does not show the drivers face is it thrown out?
No

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom