Not brand newbie but still newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clawhamer

Car
Current: C43 C205 Gone: BMW M4 Cab
Hi,
I joined last year when thinking about buying a new car but only just ordered the car yesterday hence not really a newbie.

My current car goes back in April after 4 years of ownership. Normally, I would know at least a year in advance what my next car is going to be and then spend lots of time on the appropriate forum discussing the car and helping me decide on the best options and best deals out there, etc. before finally placing an order.

This time round has been very different because I couldn’t decide what car I wanted. In the end I left it too late to discuss in depth on forums or to place a factory order. Although I had the option to keep my current car, wifey and I decided this wasn’t an option due to being expensive to run and out of warranty.

So I have placed a deposit on a car that arrives at the dealership in a couple of weeks and I’ll collect the last weekend in March. This will be my first MB so I’m nervous about that but, at the same time, very excited about getting into the new car. I hope there’s good banter on the forum and hope some of you can confirm I’ve made the right move by getting into an MB.
Thanks,
CH

Welcome to MBClub. So what did you order?
Welcome to the clubI was wondering that as well [emoji3595][emoji3595]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks. I ordered the C300 coupe. Have test driven one for an hour and sat in one with the spec I’ve ordered although it was covered in the protective plastics so all in all I feel like I’m going into this without much experience. The last few cars I’ve bought I’d been given the car to test over a weekend. Apparently MB don’t do this unless you’re already an MB owner?!?! Also, I couldn’t find any examples of the spec I wanted close by to look at and within the timescales I had which was about 2 weeks from start to finish. Bit of a panic to say the least. First world problems, I know but still stressful :(

Thanks. I ordered the C300 coupe. Have test driven one for an hour and sat in one with the spec I’ve ordered although it was covered in the protective plastics so all in all I feel like I’m going into this without much experience. The last few cars I’ve bought I’d been given the car to test over a weekend. Apparently MB don’t do this unless you’re already an MB owner?!?! Also, I couldn’t find any examples of the spec I wanted close by to look at and within the timescales I had which was about 2 weeks from start to finish. Bit of a panic to say the least. First world problems, I know but still stressful :(
Nice choice! Enjoy

Would love to hear from anybody that has a c class coupe and let me know their experience with it. Anybody just moved to the MB brand and can let me know their thoughts. I'm nervous!!!

Would love to hear from anybody that has a c class coupe and let me know their experience with it. Anybody just moved to the MB brand and can let me know their thoughts. I'm nervous!!!
Why nervous?

Why nervous?
Never owned Merc before. Have been looked after really well by BMW and don’t know if I’ll get the same level of service. Don’t know if the quality of Merc is same as BMW. Just don’t want to regret anything as I keep my car for 4 years.

Never owned Merc before. Have been looked after really well by BMW and don’t know if I’ll get the same level of service. Don’t know if the quality of Merc is same as BMW. Just don’t want to regret anything as I keep my car for 4 years.
I think you’ll be fine.

Hi,welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcomes :thumb:

I can’t find car specific areas on this forum. For instance, is there a “c class coupe” specific area or thread?
Thanks,
CH

Thanks for the welcomes :thumb:

I can’t find car specific areas on this forum. For instance, is there a “c class coupe” specific area or thread?
Thanks,
CH
Don't think there is.

Well on here we all pitch in with great,good and poor advice,we leave it up to the OP to decide what they want to take away from the forum.

OP, you are buying a car not a 18 bedroom mansion that needs complete renovation . Chill out , if you dont like it you can get rid of it.

Welcome.
I feel like you’re implying I’m being a bit of a b!@$€ about this :dk:

Yeah, I could sell it but that would mean losing a junk of money that I need for the upkeep of my 18 bed mansion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom