Not eBAY (Autotrader) but caveats clearly apply................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Whilst idling away a pleasant half-hour with coffee and madams marvelous Lemon Drizzle Cake I came across this :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...e=sp62nl&year-from=2013&sort=price-asc&page=1

Good colour and reasonable specification, lowish miles and a low price but it has been exported at some point and the last two MOT tests here show only 35 miles covered between them in over a year plus the advert declares "72,00 miles"but the MOT records "82,000 miles"

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.130010117.868009957.1608054930-1717940962.1608054930

I can overlook the mileage as a typo by the dealer and have asked questions re history and where it was exported to but does this explain the low price?

Thoughts, observations etc welcome :)

Back seats looks like they’ve seen a lot of traffic. Non ULEZ EU5 car. I’d be moving along to the next one TBH.

Whilst idling away a pleasant half-hour with coffee and madams marvelous Lemon Drizzle Cake I came across this :

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011105970234?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=E CLASS&fuel-type=Petrol&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&include-delivery-option=on&postcode=sp62nl&year-from=2013&sort=price-asc&page=1

Good colour and reasonable specification, lowish miles and a low price but it has been exported at some point and the last two MOT tests here show only 35 miles covered between them in over a year plus the advert declares "72,00 miles"but the MOT records "82,000 miles"

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.130010117.868009957.1608054930-1717940962.1608054930

I can overlook the mileage as a typo by the dealer and have asked questions re history and where it was exported to but does this explain the low price?

Thoughts, observations etc welcome :)
It has non-original wheels which is a somewhat rare sight on the W212. Personally I don’t believe the mileage & there are better cars out there.

Back seats looks like they’ve seen a lot of traffic. Non ULEZ EU5 car. I’d be moving along to the next one TBH.
Noted but the rear seats have clearly had child seats (note rear sun blinds) and the ULEZ rating means nothing to me as I rarely go near London or other places with a congestion zone

Ex Heathrow shuttle car.

What about this car David? (@DSM10000) Seems to be temporarily withdrawn from sale but worth contacting. Full MBSH & nice colour exterior/interior. :)

What about this car David? (@DSM10000) Seems to be temporarily withdrawn from sale but worth contacting. Full MBSH & nice colour exterior/interior. :)

Looks good but am looking for petrol not diesel for the next car. 👍

Noted but the rear seats have clearly had child seats (note rear sun blinds) and the ULEZ rating means nothing to me as I rarely go near London or other places with a congestion zone
What are the indicators that it's had a child seat, I thought normally they leave indentations in the base which I didnt spot

What are the indicators that it's had a child seat, I thought normally they leave indentations in the base which I didnt spot
The creasing on the seat base, a dirty mark where feet have scuffed the seat and rear window blinds added.

I've got those wheels as factory fit optional extra on my w212 E350 (diesel, sorry).
I had seen this add, because if the right car came up I would look at a change for a petrol. Just the petrol engines are so rare, there was nothing available for less than crazy money when I was looking. I think I saw one recently for the same money as E63 start at. £20k ish.

Gloss rear seats aside (reminds me of burnt legs as a child on beige vinyl rear seats in a Renault 12):
You will note that even from the Autotrader pictures, the under side of the front bumper has had some serious abuse, riddled with scuffs and scratches. I avoided looking any further because of that. It will usually mean poorly fitting/cracked under panels/front fog lights/wheel arch liners, possible shock damage to all the front rads and pipework, and clearly indicates someone who drives the car with ZERO respect or awareness.

Further, you can easily see on the front passenger wheel a big dent in the alloy rim. Might be cracked, might not, but these rims are eye wateringly expensive new. Again, I don't want to buy a car from someone who drives round denting alloys.

Edit:
Oh, and with ISOfix, my rear child seat does not touch the rear seat, so no marking of the Nappa leather. And I have a full height canvas protective cover over the back of the front passenger seat, to eliminate kicks and scuffs from my little terror, although anything more than a 5 minute journey and it's shoes off!

Wife is just in the process of buying an Approved Used Golf from a VW dealer. They all charge it wouldn't budge on the £95 admin charge, but would improve the trade in price by £95 to counter-act it.
I wonder why there is the insistence on the 'admin charge'?
I mean, do you want to sell the car or not? Why are they there if it is not to sell a car? Is the admin charge because by buying a car from them, you are inconveniently taking them away from other duties?

Wife is just in the process of buying an Approved Used Golf from a VW dealer. They all charge it wouldn't budge on the £95 admin charge, but would improve the trade in price by £95 to counter-act it.
I wonder why there is the insistence on the 'admin charge'?
I mean, do you want to sell the car or not? Why are they there if it is not to sell a car? Is the admin charge because by buying a car from them, you are inconveniently taking them away from other duties?
I’ve never understood the Admin Charge thing, certainly puts me off dealing with anyone that charges it. Guessing it must be some form of (minimal) tax dodge - doesn’t count as part of the profit perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom