Not exactly new but forgot the introduction....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phantom 211

Car
Mercedes Benz E320 CDi Elegance
Hi All

Been on here a little while but did not introduce myself (inexcusable eh ?).

As a child the first car I can remember my father buying me is a Matchbox Mercedes SS in white, I have since then always been a Mercedes fan but did not have the pleasure of owning one until last year. I had driven a 230CE and a 300TE a few years back owned by friends and acquaintances and thought they were head and shoulders above anything I had driven at the time.

After a good few years of owning and showing in concours various Ford RS cars I took the plunge last September and acquired my first Mercedes. I had looked at many cars over a few months and finally settled on a Brilliant Silver W211 E Class E320 CDi Elegance Auto, March 2004, 36,000 miles on the clock with a single previous owner (originally supplied by MB Norwich). The car has a good many options including light grey Nappa leather and Comand.

After 5 months of owning the vehicle to say I am impressed with it is an understatement. The build quality compared to various other makes of car I have owned is greatly superior and being an Elegance the ride is very smooth and comfortable. When I purchased the car a long time Mercedes owning uncle of mine said that did I realise I was now about to own a car that will have me commit to Mercedes for life. We had a laugh at the time but I think he may be right...

PS Had an E service (B) carried out by Gem Tech a few weeks back along with a brake fluid change and would thoroughly recommend them. Quite literally hundreds of pounds cheaper than MB, great service and they supplied a W202 as a courtesy car.

Welcome. It's better late than never. :thumb:

Would love to see some pics of your E320 Cdi. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom