Not for the shy and retiring...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not usually one to be a grammar nazi, but the use of "your" instead of "you're" all the time is really irritating.

That's a new one on me; having the car painted to match the steering wheel...

I think it's too much for a Cat C, though; isn't a ballpark figure for value about two-thirds of that for an undamaged example? That would value it at £13.5K undamaged - not for an '03 example, I think.

It would be interesting to know what the topsides damage was that necessitated the respray, too.

I couldn't live with the two tone paint, but its not that bad.
The current owner is a real optimist if he thinks he'll get his asking price though.

The local Funeral directors R.Davies in Bristol used to have this colour scheme on there cars ...

Oh dear. Both for the colour scheme and the 3-4k over value.
Black Cat D E55k with full S/H that needed paint only due to paint stripper attack just sold for 3.8k..

He has chopped back ends off TVR's and a flood damaged CL500 with electrical
gremlins in his other items for sale list.Tell you anything?...

I agree - too expensive for a cat-C, regardless of the marmite colour scheme.

I guess if someone really liked it - £5k ish?

A cat D black E55K on a 2003 plate went for £3500 the other day. The car had been vandalised just through the use of some kind of paint stripper. Only lightly sprinkled over to make a pretty funky pattern.

Unfortunately I was outbid at £3k.

IF YOUR A PURIST..... THIS IS NOT THE CAR FOR YOU.

IF YOUR SHY AND RETIRING.... THIS IS NOT THE CAR FOR YOU

I think if you want a decent AMG, this is not the car for you

Still showing as Silver only on the DVLA website.

Unless I need to go to Specsavers, I can't see any mention of service history.

Oh dear. Both for the colour scheme and the 3-4k over value.
Black Cat D E55k with full S/H that needed paint only due to paint stripper attack just sold for 3.8k..

A cat D black E55K on a 2003 plate went for £3500 the other day. The car had been vandalised just through the use of some kind of paint stripper. Only lightly sprinkled over to make a pretty funky pattern.

Unfortunately I was outbid at £3k.

Any links to this car?

£3.5-3.8k sounds cheap for an otherwise good condition car - clean E55s with sensible mileage routinely seem to make £8-10k+, normally only cheaper with very high mileage/mods/issues etc. Even with the cat-D marker it sounds like a cheap car IMHO.

Any links to this car?

£3.5-3.8k sounds cheap for an otherwise good condition car - clean E55s with sensible mileage routinely seem to make £8-10k+, normally only cheaper with very high mileage/mods/issues etc. Even with the cat-D marker it sounds like a cheap car IMHO.

Trade prices and ebay prices seem to be a long way apart on this particular car right now. Private sale prices don't seem to have dropped much at all in the last year or 2 but in the trade i've seen a few of these changing hands for under £5k. Admittedly never low mileage or pristine condition.

I've not seen it online. Was offered it through a trade contact.
I've got some pictures that were e-mailed to me to show the damage.
2003 car with 141,000 on the clock.
These are the only pics that I can find at the minute.

I only bid on it for a breaker.
I could have paid more and whacked it on ebay for a tidy profit I imagine, but that's not my business.

Last edited:
Cat C is heavy impact, I think the damage has been under described

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom