Not happy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some of my a experiences.

MB my new ML went in 1st time and I got a S class the second time a B class.
BMW 335 went in and I got a 1series.
Porsche 911 went in and I got a cayenne.
Lexus rx400 I got the same
Toyota land cruiser I got the same.

Depending on how long I need the car would determine my view on service. A day I will drive anything a week I would hope to be supplied with something close.

Did they fix the fault?

What about insurance loan cars? My 10 year old Lexus went in for a front end repair nothing major. The insurance company loaned me a BMW 5 series 2.0 TDI; when it arrived it was brand new with 30 yes 30 miles on the clock. when the insurance company called me and asked me if I wanted to upgrade my loan car I said no, as it is one of the costs that increase our premiums each year. However, when the car arrived I did not refuse it as I was miles from home and needed to be mobile. I wound up having the car for seven weeks; as the body shop claimed they were waiting for parts. I shudder to think how much that loan car cost.

I had lots of bad experiences with my previous two Mercs' numerous problems at Mercedes Doncaster, both the current régime and the previous Charles Sidney lot. My car will be serviced elsewhere when the time comes.

Over expectation same happened with me at MB Sheffield with my last MB both owned by same dealer JCT600. Just insist you want like for like and if not take your business elsewhere. One of the reasons I stuck with Volvo is if it goes back for any warranty work you get the equivalent or better spec car from the dealer as a loaner, same with Subaru some of the exotic stuff they used to lend me was brilliant. All part of the poor MB dealer experience I'm afraid see my thread "Why do MB dealers treat you like sh*te" I would never buy a new MB from a UK dealer ever again

MB London at Watford have just got rid of their loan cars and now have them supplied by a car hire company (Europcar I think) but controlled by an on site rep - all new C220CDIs. She said they usually have enough to meet demand but if stuck will arrange an additional car from their non-MB stock at their local depot, but only BMW, Audi etc. Seemed like a sensible arrangement.

Not as much fun as when I used to run Alfas - I always used a fantastic local Indie once the warranty was up and he used to keep a memorable stock of old Alfas as his loan cars -3 litre 164, V6 GTV etc. Worthless and a wee bit tatty but he kept them in great fettle and way more fun than an A-class for the day!

At least it wasn't a Smart.
I asked for a smart loaner and was told I couldn't have one! Ended up with a c-class. Most commonly I have had an a-class as a loaner and have never thought anything of it.

To the OP: If this is the worst that has happened to you with regards to a mercedes stealership then I think you are a very lucky individual indeed, a quick search of the forum will reveal some absolute horrors.

yeh i got an a class when car was serviced wife said she loved it so i hit her with a wet fish ha ha pete

What about insurance loan cars? My 10 year old Lexus went in for a front end repair nothing major. The insurance company loaned me a BMW 5 series 2.0 TDI; when it arrived it was brand new with 30 yes 30 miles on the clock. when the insurance company called me and asked me if I wanted to upgrade my loan car I said no

Our 16 year old Audi A4 (150k miles on the clock) went in for an insurance repair a few months ago and we were asked if we'd like to upgrade the loan car. I said no, we ended up with a brand new Vauxhall Insignia SRi 'sport tourer' (estate). OK it wasn't an Audi but it was a hell of a lot nicer than our car!

I'd jump at an A class loaner! Us poor folks have to suffer the indignity of getting the bus. Haven't been on a bus for many years and recent enforced use of it reminded me why. Imagine being placed in a noisy bouncing metal tube with a crowd of mental defectives and that's pretty close.

I'd jump at an A class loaner! Us poor folks have to suffer the indignity of getting the bus. Haven't been on a bus for many years and recent enforced use of it reminded me why. Imagine being placed in a noisy bouncing metal tube with a crowd of mental defectives and that's pretty close.

You managed to get on a bus :eek: you are lucky all the buses I ever try to catch are full of non paying children. The bus is often so full they do not stop.:wallbash:

Tells you everything you need to know about your typical golfist, though... :rolleyes:

Nothing at all to do with golfists , it does however tell you all you need to know about typical w******, plenty of those in all walks of life:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'd last about 5 minutes in a dealership.

"Does sir not not feel the loaner is commensurate with his position, standing & image?"

"No, I certainly do not!"

"Then feckin walk."

LESTAYLOR said:
The bus will be along in a minute :rolleyes: I'll wait!!!

The BMW likes bus lanes as it can undercut lots of lesser slower moving non BMW cars...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom