Not having a good evening !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
They say things come in threes.

First I decided that I would investigate the squealing alternator belt on my 560sec, and discovered that the last person there had snapped the main bolt that carries the alternator to the block, and had then glued the remains of the bolt back in again.:wallbash: GRRRRRRR, off to my friendly engineering shop in the next couple of days, as removing that will be nasty.

Then went to pick my son up in the 2 year old ML (W166), engine management light came on, went in to limp mode, and the gearbox behaving like a box of frogs. Called mobilo, they will send a tech in the morning with a STAR machine I hope!! I put my cheap chinese OBDII reader on it, and it would not read it, too new I suppose.

So i have managed to break 2 cars in the space of an hour.

So the question is what next, sitting down with a glass of wine I hope nothing else can go wrong:D

I hope it's not red wine and you are not wearing beige shorts ....

Try not to spill it lol, Hope you get the cars fix cheaply and quickly ;)

I hope it's not red wine and you are not wearing beige shorts ....

It is red, a nice rioja actually (although this is the wrong thread). No beige shorts in sight though, not even sure I own a pair:eek:

Sometimes you just have to give up and call it a day, enjoy the wine, tomorrow's another day ;)

Hope nothing else goes wrong for you !..... Hopefully the tech can get to the bottom of the problem , my wife's SLK is in for work too after a 'glitch' !!
I'm in Surrey too SO hoping it's not something afflicting Surrey Mercedes owners ???.... LOL

Mark

It is red, a nice rioja actually (although this is the wrong thread). No beige shorts in sight though, not even sure I own a pair:eek:

In the buff with red wine... Seems a good start to the evening;)

Could be worse, you could work for FIFA. you don't, do you?..

Seems I would be much wealthier if I did:eek:

Update: Alternator bolt for the SEC sorted thanks very much Cranford Engineering, as usual top job, i did manage to take the housing off the block, and take it there to be machined out. New bolts ordered from MB.

For the W166, mercedes tech turned up this morning, and pronounced a clogged DPF. Now that is weird as I drive it about 50 miles day mainly motorway, so the regen history was good. He could not do anything on the drive, so told me I could drive it in to the dealer, and Europcar would give me a hire car.

Took it to Brooklands, it would not go above 2500 revs at all on the way there. Call around 5pm said that it seems the DPF regenerated on my journey there, and they could not find anything wrong with it and all seems to be ok. Anyway service guy said he would get one of the service techs to take it home, and see if it still misbehaves.

In the meantime MB have lent me a brand new S Class Long wheel base, can't complain at that:)

Last edited:
Seems like you lost your mojo for a while but have it back now!!!!!

Nice loan car !!!!!........ LOL , hope your car is actually sorted now

Nice loan car !!!!!........ LOL , hope your car is actually sorted now

Still not sorted, a bit of head scratching going on, oh well I will have to use the S class for the weekend.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom