Not Leather Interior in Mercedes Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dont have an arguement,im stating facts,my facts im the living proof they say this to people in the dealerships,wether you want to take that on board or not is entirely up to you,I'm opening eyes to the people who dont read the brochures and take the face value of what they are told from a sales person FACT I'v been on the recieving end on many occasions and im sure many people on here have had the same experiance,LEATHER INTERIOR when its not actual leather, but imitation, but they exclude this in the convo.no matter how many times you try pick on whatever im posting,the fact of the matter is,they are selling us PLASTIC SEATS putting us under the illusion its leather,I rest my case

You have provided no facts and certainly no proof to substantiate the allegations in your first post that Mercedes are "conning" people.

Your own "experiences" are hardly evidence of MB conning people and why, if you feel you are being conned, have you put yourself in this position "on many occasions" at a Mercedes dealership?

You are conflating two different things, Mercedes offer Artico and real leather, Aritco is not sold as leather. Just because some people misunderstand it or it is sometimes misrepresented by lazy sales people does not make Mercedes complicit in "conning" people.

Whilst your initial aim to bring this (rather commonly known) issue to others attention is laudable your attempts at"proof" of your initial assertions just do not stand up scrutiny.

Anyway, whilst I can try explain it to you, I cannot understand it for you and I am bored of your inability to produce a cogent and articulate argument so I think the ignore button is the best option so I will not see any more of your rather laborious and pointless jottings!

...people who dont read the brochures and take the face value of what they are told from a sales person...

Yes, but this is (sadly) a well-known issue with second-hand car salespeople... too often they tell porkies. It's not limited to MB, in fact it's not even limited to the UK. My advice is that if you find a good car dealer that you can trust, then stick with them, because they are few and far between.

You have provided no facts and certainly no proof to substantiate the allegations in your first post that Mercedes are "conning" people.

Your own "experiences" are hardly evidence of MB conning people and why, if you feel you are being conned, have you put yourself in this position "on many occasions" at a Mercedes dealership?

You are conflating two different things, Mercedes offer Artico and real leather, Aritco is not sold as leather. Just because some people misunderstand it or it is sometimes misrepresented by lazy sales people does not make Mercedes complicit in "conning" people.

Whilst your initial aim to bring this (rather commonly known) issue to others attention is laudable your attempts at"proof" of your initial assertions just do not stand up scrutiny.

Anyway, whilst I can try explain it to you, I cannot understand it for you and I am bored of your inability to produce a cogent and articulate argument so I think the ignore button is the best option so I will not see any more of your rather laborious and pointless jottings!
TURGID.

Still looks good after 12 years and two owners.
I guess black artico is a no go on hot sunny days but leather not much better then. Screenshot_20200315-072836_Gallery.jpg
Someone in here once said that after a nuclear war only cockroaches and artico will survive...agree.

I was told that you had added one of your usual high quality responses, thank you for that, I expect it took you quite some time.

If you ask nicely I can break it down into smaller sentences and simpler words if it would help? ;);)

Although thinking about it a little it is Sunday and I have much better things to do with my life than pander to someone who cannot act like an adult but continues in his own childish way with pathetic attempts at insults but merely persists in showing us what we we knew of his character anyway.

Keep trying old chap, one day you will find something you are good at ;)

Last edited:
There's a stool pigeon on the forum.

You know who you are.

I was told that you had added one of your usual high quality responses, thank you for that, I expect it took you quite some time.

If you ask nicely I can break it down into smaller sentences and simpler words if it would help? ;);)

Although thinking about it a little it is Sunday and I have much better things to do with my life than pander to someone who cannot act like an adult but continues in his own childish way with pathetic attempts at insults but merely persists in showing us what we we knew of his character anyway.

Keep trying old chap, one day you will find something you are good at ;)

you need to get yourself a lfe my frend,all your tryng to do s sound articulate n your senteces and to be frank you just sound lke one of those prats who didnt get laid wth the wfe so comes on here to argue wth people thinking your more clever than the rest of us,but relax we know your just a d ck in tights :)

you need to get yourself a lfe my frend,all your tryng to do s sound articulate n your senteces and to be frank you just sound lke one of those prats who didnt get laid wth the wfe so comes on here to argue wth people thinking your more clever than the rest of us,but relax we know your just a d ck in tights :)
I have only just noticed your response.

It clearly was of little value and virtue hence remaining unread.

Do you not find it ironic (look it up) that you are trying to belittle my post in the very same way, you accuse me of behaving?

The major difference being your lack of wit, intellect and ability to spell or understand syntax. 👍🤣

We have three MBs - one with cloth, one with Artico (107k miles so far and still looking good), and one with leather. I would certainly have another car with Artico.

PS Alcantara is also 'plastic' but doesn't seem to attract the same type of comments? :dk:
There are two types of alcantara available, one artificial the other natural. You only have to see the two together and feel them to know instinctively which is which.

Re leather I don't mind the vinyl option, it saves the need for maintenance of the leather to keep it feeling good.

There are two types of alcantara available, one artificial the other natural. You only have to see the two together and feel them to know instinctively which is which.

??

Alcantara is the brand name for a manufactured (synthetic) material.

Asked a high end seat trimmer and he is the one that told me that. It may be that he has real leather matching the plastic and call it that to make it easier for customers.

I thought that it was a specific suede, probably a trade name, I'm probably wrong but I do know they do an auful lot of retrimming high end motors that have suffered buyer's remorse at selecting a plastic panel on the seats.

Asked a high end seat trimmer and he is the one that told me that. It may be that he has real leather matching the plastic and call it that to make it easier for customers.

I thought that it was a specific suede, probably a trade name, I'm probably wrong but I do know they do an auful lot of retrimming high end motors that have suffered buyer's remorse at selecting a plastic panel on the seats.
Most definitely an artificial, though high-tech, material..

Don't MB use Dinamica these days? IIRC the makers of Alcantara had some problems keeping up with demand and some car manufacturers had to find alternative supplies (certainly VW Group now uses Dinamica).

As said, Alcantara is definitely synthetic, although Nubuck leather is used it some car interiors which has a textured feel, but clearly different to Alcantara, so this might be what the trimmer was referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom