Not Lived Up To Expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had quite a few disappointing purchases in my lifetime.

1) Bought top of the range Sony 5.1 speakers for £350 back in 2007. Utterly disappointing. Roll on a set of Logitech Z5500s for £190 - they absolutely sounded amazing.

2) Altec Lansing PC speakers after rave reviews - utterly disappointing. Set of Logitech Z2300s later? Stunning.

3) Once had a 17" Iiyama FST monitor back in the mid/late 90s. Perfect picture everytime. Thought I'd be clever when building a PC for someone - sold them my one and bought a new one. The raster moved from cold to warm meaning for the first few minutes - there was a big gap down the side. If you adjusted to it - it was wrong once warm. Argh!

4) Once owned a 1997 M3 Evolution. Sold it to raise cash for my first mortgage. Bought a 1997 328i Sport 6 months on thinking my finances were OK again - but was hoping for "much cheaper to run" and "nearly as fast". You can guess what I actually got. What a crock...

I'm sure there are plenty more.

Ha - I only got taken in again didn't I :D.

I recognise that amp - one of the best purchases I ever made at £350 notes back in 1996 - sold it for £180 notes on eBay in 2007!

Just digressing for a mo.

That bright white sofa outline in my shot is a burnt orange sofa - what a crock of sh*t the camera on a HTC One Mini is :(.

1996 N reg Jaguar XJ6 3.2 Sport - spot the oxymoron. Sold it after 3 months and bought a 2.8 V6 Passat (surprisingly decent, better than the Jag)

2001 Y reg Jaguar S Type 3.0 Sport - crappy Ford based engine that wasn't at all sporty and lacked refinement. Sold a BMW 528i for this...lasted 3 months then bought an E39 535i M Sport, which was excellent.

Bose sound dock thing. It's was fecking rubbish and I took it back the day after, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I then discovered Bowers and Wilkins and have since never looked back.

E46 M3 with SMG box. Heard so much about how it was the perfect drivers car and the gearbox was brilliant when the reality was the opposite, the gearbox was so shoite that it made me want to rip it out with my bare hands and smash it up with a toffee hammer. The manual box E90 M3 I owned was much better.

That bright white sofa outline in my shot is a burnt orange sofa - what a crock of sh*t the camera on a HTC One Mini is :(.

I assumed that you had cut something embarrassing from the photo.

Tbh when I bought my w210 (my first Merc) I was impressed. the power, comfort and in general for the money what a bargain! I needed the boot space so didn't do much research into the model but thought for a circa 35k car when new Merc would have built a car for a lifetime. The rust that set in and destroyed the wings after 2 years was shocking and the bits on the bottom of the doors/sills (mine isn't that bad) is embarrassing.

Exactly.
Thus 202 and 210 owners should offered replacement keys for £9.99 from Lidl by way of atonement.

The Waldorf Astoria New Yoike.

Not sure what my expectations were (mainly based on Fawlty Towers and running out of waldorfs), however, very large hotel, not a personnel service, seemed to be a busy spot for all kinds of things going on, and I guess I was hoping for a more personnel feeling.

And to be blunt, the rooms looked like they were last decorated in the 1930's.

(Same as I felt in the hotel Edison a few years back).

And I cashed 800 billion Avois points in to get about 50p a nite off. Now they are massively out of expectations. (It may have been 77000 and about $350 less per night but you get the idea- 5000 years of saving them up, 20p reduction)

In fact, while I am on a rant for Avios....it was about 80000 to get a stay over in Las Vegas using points. £600 using money through avios...£450 though hotel.com and £305 through booking.com. Same hotel, same room, same date same stay......

can I ebay Avios points? I have a quarter of a million of the damn things and no decent reward flights for using them up.

I'm loving the irony...

Bingo....! Same experience. At Least our then 2 yr/old daughter managed to block the toilet as a parting gift.... She was obviously please to leave!

The Waldorf Astoria New Yoike.

Not sure what my expectations were (mainly based on Fawlty Towers and running out of waldorfs), however, very large hotel, not a personnel service, seemed to be a busy spot for all kinds of things going on, and I guess I was hoping for a more personnel feeling.

And to be blunt, the rooms looked like they were last decorated in the 1930's.

(Same as I felt in the hotel Edison a few years back).

And I cashed 800 billion Avois points in to get about 50p a nite off. Now they are massively out of expectations. (It may have been 77000 and about $350 less per night but you get the idea- 5000 years of saving them up, 20p reduction)

In fact, while I am on a rant for Avios....it was about 80000 to get a stay over in Las Vegas using points. £600 using money through avios...£450 though hotel.com and £305 through booking.com. Same hotel, same room, same date same stay......

can I ebay Avios points? I have a quarter of a million of the damn things and no decent reward flights for using them up.

Payed out 3.5k for lazboy sofas in dark red with 10 year guarantee (only on Frame as found out after ) but it's not wearing well not lived up to expectations

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 42
My old E93 M3! I had always wanted one ever since they came out and I was really disappointed once I owned one!

I work for them as a branch manager, if you need any advise or help pm me mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom