Not loving my S350 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deadeye1212

Car
S350 CDI
Hi all

New mwber here with a new to me S350 Cdi with full MB history and 75000 miles.

A few days after buying it the torque converter and drive plate decided to give way luckily this is being fixed on warranty.

Other than the usual air releasing when you park the vehicle I am getting a very strange high pitched squeak coming from the front right side. It can happen anytime on a corner under braking on rough ground on a flat level ground. Occasionally it makes the same squeak when releasing when parking and is driving me insane. Its like a bird is trapped under there!

The rear suspension never seems to want to level itself to the correct level. If I hire the car and put it back down it stays at the correct level and if I put weight in the back it wont level itself back correctly. If I drive around town not reaching any sort of Speed it stays at that height. If I do some faster driving it drops and does not level itself back.

The cooled seats are like an asthmatic blowing through a straw and pretty much useless.

And to top it off the stereo just isn't very loud at all.

I really wish I hadn't bought it.

So with that runs out of the way does anyone have any suggestions for the squeak it's driving me mad.

With the suspension I'm sure I read that the car is meant to lower herself over 40 miles per hour I think this is what it's doing but not then going back to the normal position when it should do.
Edit Quote

Hi all

New mwber here with a new to me S350 Cdi with full MB history and 75000 miles.

A few days after buying it the torque converter and drive plate decided to give way luckily this is being fixed on warranty.

Other than the usual air releasing when you park the vehicle I am getting a very strange high pitched squeak coming from the front right side. It can happen anytime on a corner under braking on rough ground on a flat level ground. Occasionally it makes the same squeak when releasing when parking and is driving me insane. Its like a bird is trapped under there!

The rear suspension never seems to want to level itself to the correct level. If I hire the car and put it back down it stays at the correct level and if I put weight in the back it wont level itself back correctly. If I drive around town not reaching any sort of Speed it stays at that height. If I do some faster driving it drops and does not level itself back.

The cooled seats are like an asthmatic blowing through a straw and pretty much useless.

And to top it off the stereo just isn't very loud at all.

I really wish I hadn't bought it.

So with that runs out of the way does anyone have any suggestions for the squeak it's driving me mad.

With the suspension I'm sure I read that the car is meant to lower herself over 40 miles per hour I think this is what it's doing but not then going back to the normal position when it should do.
Edit Quote

If you bought the car from a Dealer, then your problems are his to fix at his cost for the first 6 months.
The warranty you have been given or bought is irrelevant.

If you bought the car from a Dealer, then your problems are his to fix at his cost for the first 6 months.
I understand that and the dealer is offering to pay for the Works or take the car back. I'm all the way up north and he is all the way down south and in all honesty I searched high and low for a car of this spec so don't really want to give it back. As I say he's sent the money for the gearbox and another small problem I had which was some £600 however I'm hoping the issue with the suspension isn't so much as I feel this would be the Tipping Point for him to just ask for the car back.

What do you mean? Is this a rule for all uk dealers?

What do you mean? Is this a rule for all uk dealers?
Dealers have to repair or replace within the first 3 months. If its after 3 but before 6 you have to prove the fault was developing before you baught it.

Sounds like you need a new battery and in regards to ride height it could be anything from sensors, valve control block or pump.

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

Hi,
Unfortunate that your love affair with the S350 has not got off to a good start, with the gearbox / Torque converter going tits up.
Have you found a local Mercedes Independent, who is good with an S Class, if so he needs to drive it and probably put it on a Star. Hopefully he can diagnose your squeak and then sort out the problems with the ride height.
You say the radio is quiet, what sort of system is fitted? Radio and CD player quiet? May be an amplifier problem. Datacard will tell you what you have. Post up your VIN and some kind soul will copy your data card for you.
Cooled seats ? My E has cooled seats, i would not rate these very much, although the heated seats are fine in the winter.
What sort of year is your S Class? ....If you are intent upon retaining the car, it may be prudent to buy your own diagnostic, an Icarsoft or similar, or for cheapness an ELM Bluetooth to hook up to an Android with an appropriate "APP".
Sadly, maintaining an S Class is never going to be cheap, you just need to keep on top of things, and all will be well, love will blossom.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom