Not mine but lovely CLK500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
What a lovely colour combo, shame about the water jackets but easily rectified,

Could be accused of being a bit insipid but a change from the usual silver granted. A bit of damage on the roof by the rear window drivers side. What are these water jacksets then?

Its extra bit of fabric next to the glass, its held under tension with elastic,

The elastic breaks and causes excess material to get caught up in the window frame seal.

Cure is to rejoin the broken elastic job done.

Nice looking motor but I don’t get the remark re the water jacket. (Whatever they are).
They are small bits of material in the back of the roof that fold inside, but over time they can malfunction and then they don't fold in properly (as shown circled in the pic) and then they start to bend the plastic window surround. A fairly easy but fiddly fix. Hope this helps.

clk.jpg

CLK seem to be holding prices pretty well! Even increasing? Took the 240 for a spin yesterday which reminded me just what a peach the 240 engine is.

Sue saw an Audi A3 coupe she said was nice looking - but even she then added that it would soon look dated whereas the CLK would always look classy!

They are small bits of material in the back of the roof that fold inside, but over time they can malfunction and then they don't fold in properly (as shown circled in the pic) and then they start to bend the plastic window surround. A fairly easy but fiddly fix. Hope this helps.

View attachment 121808
Hey I have the same issue same colour clk only 240 though but cool and unusual

How easy is this fix I was going to fill it with marine grade sealant down both edges an stick canvass to rubber seal as theres still tension in the elastics ??

very

i did mine with 2 cable ties 1 each side easy peasy, The plastic surround gets bent with the fabric creasing over time, and has nothing todo with the water jack coming out.

drop or raise the roof so the glass is at around 45 degree's then you should see the broken elastic,

Make a small hole in the remain bits of elastic enough to pass a cable tie through, then find the other end and tie them back together.

Really works a treat :)

Afternoon I checked it out the wires are not broken but come unglued from the canvass . The canvass wraps around the cable an glued …

wires??

Elastic on mine :/

Yeah looks like washing line wire Attached both ends wrapped around the glass supposed to be glued to canvass roof also furniture polish around the rubber to en able it to slide back in the rubber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom