Not my first Mercedes but hello from sunny Doncaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sicario

SUPPORTER
Car
W212 2009 E350 Avantguarde
Morning all, just wanted to start off by saying that i absolutely smoked an 18 plate BMW 430d on the way to work this morning in my 2004 E320 cdi

I owned a re-mapped W210 E320 a few years back, after a break i just picked up a W211 with lots of issues, ive worked through most of them, keyfob not working, bouncing central locking, broken spring & empty shock, blowing injectors x 2, re-seated and resealed, done all the general service items, bought a icarsoft mb2, which brings me to my final issue.

SBC pump, every single time, old cold start up, as i pull away my front left brake caliper comes on and slows the car and crabs to the left, ive just read about the 25 year recall on the sbc pumps so im calling my local MB dealer this morning and trying my luck.

Any tips on how to approach this with MB would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Doncastrian!

I wouldn’t expect much joy from Mercedes with regards the SBC pump, I took mine years ago to Mercedes Doncaster when it was all coming out about them and got short shrift!

I believe i may have the upper-hand with JCT600 In Doncaster, my niece works there in Sales and my surname is Tordoff :)

Fingers crossed

^ Makes your blood boil when US owners still get a new pump under warranty. And new fuel pumps!

Welcome to the forum.

Yep, completely and utterly fobbed off lol
I was going to say that it wouldn’t even matter if your son is the DP - you’re not going to get any joy but I thought it’d be better to let you find that out for yourself!

Yep, completely and utterly fobbed off lol
I was going to say that it wouldn’t even matter if your son is the DP - you’re not going to get any joy but I thought it’d be better to let you find that out for yourself!

I have a gut suspicion that my nsf wheel speed sensor maybe sending wrong readings so for the sake of £32 im going to change it out, failing that i guess i`ll have to pay someone to come out and reset the sbc. It would be so nice to get rid of the Service Brake Visit Workshop message, and the ESP malfunction too, front discs and pads are new, wear sensors intact, changed the brake pedal switch, SAS maybe next on the list too.

Hi,welcome to the forum.

Sunny Doncaster?. Obviously not the one in Yorkshire then. :D
Welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom