Not on ebay but another W124 E36 Estate - does this car look genuine to you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:D:D Go on then,what did you ask???

I pointed out the discrepancy in the data sheet and their description, how another well known Auction house had placed an addendum to the listing as the provenance was in doubt and that there was evidence of many modifications being made to the car in Japan.

Just had a look at Sotheby's under bonnet photos and for a car that has only done 21000 miles it looks very scruffy, also in ACA photo the drivers seat bolster is very worn VIN nunber code has it as having cloth seats as well. Anyway viewing day is Friday (£5 entrance fee:eek:) I dont know if Saturday is free or not. I think the auction house don't care as nothing has changed in the description at all.
Hope no one gets caught out.

If Sotheby's could sell that ... , it doesn't really say very much for them, does it?

Sold! £21,995, bought at Sothebys 24 October 2019 for £25,300 = £3305 loss. Just over £1000 per month depreciation:wallbash:

£21,995, less commission and whatever other costs are applied.
The £25,300 might have a buyers premium added also?

Yes you are correct, Anglia fees were entry fee £75+vat and 6% +vat selling fees.

I think this sort of thing is a lot more common than we would expect. To a lot of people £23,000 isn't a lot of money and they wouldn't be bothered. To most of us though we have this forum. To the posts upstairs, great detective work !

I wondert who bought it?????:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom