Not Politics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe someone should start something similar for Mercedes dealers :)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Anybody signing it? It's got 93000 sigs. Seems the rest of the country are content.

Politicians don't lie, they're just economical with the truth

Yes, I don't think these sort of petitions actually change much in the short term, but they help set the mood music.

I thought misleading the house was already a fairly serious offence (albeit without penalties similar to perjury).

Mods - I think this counts as politics... and it has a political tone. So, .... should it be here?

Oh, come on....

Lying is endemic to the breed. It's one of the reasons why so many successful politicians are lawyers; they're accustomed to telling lies for money. The difference is that lawyers do it for their clients, and politicians do it for themselves.

When MPs lie about their expenses, they get punished.

But punishment for lying to the House would be futile, because they don't lie, they just make decisive-sounding and yet ambiguous and vague statements.

Overseas, Obama said in a pre-election speech that his administration will do 'whatever it takes' to stop Iran from developing a nuclear bomb.

Some took it to say that will use military force, while others understood that he meant tough political pressure and more sunctions.

So everyone got what they wanted out of it.... and Obama was elected. But he did not tell a lie....

Mods - no politics on this forum. The above comments are overtly politically contentious.

Mods - no politics on this forum. The above comments are overtly politically contentious.

In what way? I don't see anyone pushing any political views towards any particular party. I really can't see why you would be so offended by this thread.

stwat said:
In what way? I don't see anyone pushing any political views towards any particular party. I really can't see why you would be so offended by this thread.

It's political because there has only ever really been one wave of European government and political leadership with an "all politicians are self-interested and corrupt" theme to its rhetoric. That was inter-war Germany, Italy, etc ... so that's why it's political.

I say turn off the thread - it's unwittingly super-political. Hopefully the moderators will remove the lot of it. This is a car forum.

It's political because there has only ever really been one wave of European government and political leadership with an "all politicians are self-interested and corrupt" theme to its rhetoric. That was inter-war Germany, Italy, etc ... so that's why it's political.

I say turn off the thread - it's unwittingly super-political. Hopefully the moderators will remove the lot of it. This is a car forum.

Twaddle. Fantasy history, and stop making this thread political.

Give it a rest. It's in the off topic section. If you don't like it, don't read it.

ETA1: 99.000 sign now

Last edited:

Twaddle. Fantasy history, and stop making this thread political.

Give it a rest. It's in the off topic section. If you don't like it, don't read it.

ETA1: 99.000 sign now

In the interest of balance and hopefully conciliation, I would like to point out two things.

This thread is in the "General Discussion- General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY." when it should be in Off Topic section.

There are many threads that many contribute to and benefit from that have nothing to do with motoring (and specifically MB) and using the 'this is a car forum' argument would take away one of the many things that make this forum miles better than others, namely a sense of community and desire to share with and help others, regardless of the topic.

In the interest of balance and hopefully conciliation, I would like to point out two things.

This thread is in the "General Discussion- General Discussion relating to Mercedes or General motoring ONLY." when it should be in Off Topic section.

There are many threads that many contribute to and benefit from that have nothing to do with motoring (and specifically MB) and using the 'this is a car forum' argument would take away one of the many things that make this forum miles better than others, namely a sense of community and desire to share with and help others, regardless of the topic.

Thanks GVM and apologies, I had thought it was in Off Topic :doh:

:doh: Me too. It's still twaddle, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom