Not running C63 for 2 weeks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Parmzc63

Car
C63 coupe
Since i bought the car, its been in constant use. I am going to store it in the garage for two weeks while i am away on business. Just wondering if i should disconnect the battery or not to avoid battery being flat while i away. it's a two year old vehicle.

I wouldn't bother. A two-week layup is not significant.

Agreed - mine can sit for at least two/three weeks when I am travelling with work. I do notice a lot of smoke when first starting after it's been sat for that sort of time but if you have a flat battery after two odd weeks then you have a fault somewhere.

Since i bought the car, its been in constant use. I am going to store it in the garage for two weeks while i am away on business. Just wondering if i should disconnect the battery or not to avoid battery being flat while i away. it's a two year old vehicle.

Yes, disconnect the battery, drain the fuel tank and fill the tyres with extra pressure and put rubber mats under each tyre, leave the handbrake off and have the clutch fully depressed too.

Try playing it some soothing music too.

Yes, disconnect the battery, drain the fuel tank and fill the tyres with extra pressure and put rubber mats under each tyre, leave the handbrake off and have the clutch fully depressed too.

You bad man...

:D :D :D

sounds like too much effort needed and time which i don't have. although will miss it dearly while i am away.

sounds like too much effort needed and time which i don't have. although will miss it dearly while i am away.

He was joking mate. 2 weeks is nothing. You don't need to do anything.

He was joking mate. 2 weeks is nothing. You don't need to do anything.

Yeah i know. Just have had bad luck with batteries draining on me in the past. Didn't want the c63 to have the same fate. Thanks for clearing that up guys

Also >> Internet Home Security Camera Direct to your Mobile Phone, iPhone or Smartphone from anywhere in the world (1013) Access via your iPhone, smartphone or internet. Instant alert motion sensor.: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Finally I find a something online about this!! Bought a C63 AMG W204 (2008), no modifications...pure breed. Battery dead/won't start after 2 or 3 days of no usage. I've taken the car back (to Mercedes) on average once every month (been 4 months so far) and they keep saying that the battery is good...it just needs a re-charge.

Starter motor good, alternator good. I'm picking the car up tomorrow; they've replaced a faulty ignition switch. Question to you guys in here: can a faulty ignition switch cause a battery drain or, the battery needs replacing (which I have been trying to for the last 4 months). Mercedes Used Car Warranty Tier 1 suggests that the battery is covered but the dealership thinks no - annoyed!

Thanks in advance.

Finally I find a something online about this!! Bought a C63 AMG W204 (2008), no modifications...pure breed. Battery dead/won't start after 2 or 3 days of no usage. I've taken the car back (to Mercedes) on average once every month (been 4 months so far) and they keep saying that the battery is good...it just needs a re-charge.
Sorry, but you've been fobbed off.

Either the battery is duff (quite possible if it's the original as its now 7 years old) or there's a residual current drain that's causing the problem. Either way they should fix it if you recently purchased the car from them unless they can evidence that the fault was not present at the time of sale (the presumption in law - forget the Tier 1 Warranty - is that it was if it occurs within the first six months after sale), or they pointed out the fault to you before you bought it.

FWIW, the battery on my used E63 was replaced FOC by the dealer when I found that it wouldn't start the car if it was left for more than three or four days without use after 3 months of ownership. There was no quibble.

they've replaced a faulty ignition switch. Question to you guys in here: can a faulty ignition switch cause a battery drain

My Porsche had a faulty ignition switch .. over time, it drained the battery persistently, and finally killed the battery. What happened was that while the key was not in the ignition, the car kept some of the systems on leading to a heavier drain on the battery (with car locked and key removed) that would be the case if there was no fault with the ignition switch.

Porsche warranty paid for new ignition switch and new battery because the battery failed not from wear and tear, but from the faulty ignition switch

2 weeks should be fine!

if its dead then there is something wrong!

My 2004 E320 cdi has sat for 3 weeks doing f all. Started with no issue at all this morning, new Bosch batteries fitted 2 years ago. What is it with you C63 owners ? It's just a car and before any nonsense starts, I have a new E63 and it parks outside (OMG they say) for ages without going anywhere. It starts fine too.

HB said:
My 2004 E320 cdi has sat for 3 weeks doing f all. Started with no issue at all this morning, new Bosch batteries fitted 2 years ago. What is it with you C63 owners ? It's just a car and before any nonsense starts, I have a new E63 and it parks outside (OMG they say) for ages without going anywhere. It starts fine too.

Mate, it's a C63, it's a spethal car, with spethal needs.

Mate, it's a C63, it's a spethal car, with spethal needs.
Don't start me, I'll end up talking about hot Golfs again ... and that will start mayhem. I forgot to say that the 2007 GTI with 100k on it and the original VW battery has been sat for 5 weeks without turning a wheel and it fired first time yesterday.

SEE,YOU MADE ME START !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom