Not starting after Inlet Manifold flap removal and EGR Delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OJLane

Car
E350d, E350 CDI sold on at 357,000 miles, C270 is sadly no longer with us, chewed a glow plug :-(
Hi all, just done the swirl flap and EGR deletes, loads of fuel getting to the injectors but won't fire, any suggestions on what to try? Many thanks

Did you removed fuel lines from high pressure pump? Be sure they are in right order... All injector connectors tight? CPS connector/wires ok?

Thank you, nothing was removed from the fuel pump and the connections to the injectors are all tight, I`m sure I remembered to plug the CPS cable back in but if this is the problem can I get to it from underneath or would it be manifold out again? It sure is in a nasty place! :doh:

Check you haven't blown a fuse

An easy way to check the cps is ok (plugged in) is to crank the engine and look at the rev counter needle, it should move slightly during cranking

ps.... these engines initially take a LOT of cranking to eliminate air before they start up

An easy way to check the cps is ok (plugged in) is to crank the engine and look at the rev counter needle, it should move slightly during cranking

ps.... these engines initially take a LOT of cranking to eliminate air before they start up

Thank you, I will check that in the morning, a useful tip!

I cranked LOTS, flattened my battery once then lots more cranking with my wife`s car connected to the battery.

Will it matter that one of the glow plugs is disconnected? I took it to a garage quite a while ago who told me that one was broken and would be a problem to remove, when I took the manifold / fuel rail off I noticed the connector was disconnected but has seemed fine since then.

Disconnected glow plug should not matter...

Might be low fuel pressure, because system disturbed old hoses/o-rings often start leaking... do you see air bubbles going in clear return lines? Fuel filter hoses fully ok (no brittle)?

:bannana: **Solved** :bannana:

Thanks all, it was the CPS connector. It must have disconnected while positioning the manifold. I will need a new connector at some point as the retaining clip seems to have broken off. Will have to see how successful the modifications were from here on in . . .

Thanks for getting back to us. Well done and happy modding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom