Not very exciting (thankfully) trip to the dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rory

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model) - Bought 2005, Sold 2022.
As the car approaches 11yrs old, time for yet another MOT.

I usually take the car in early but they didn’t need it before 9.30 so left it until then. I found the dealership (MB Chester) to be the busiest I’ve ever seen it. Nowhere to park at all but thankfully a Service Advisor was showing another customer to his courtesy car and he directed me to the vacated space.

They’re “sub-contracting” MOTs as their MOT rig is out of action. “Waiting for parts” (how ironic) although another remark suggested the whole thing has to be replaced. So the usual drill of waiting for it while being MOT’d went out of the window and they gave me a courtesy car (this was all arranged well in advance).

Reading off the docs, it was a “Mercedes-Benz B180 AMG Line Premium D”. Manual. On hilariously bad for the ride 18” wheels and 40% profile XL tyres. Done 600 miles and had rattles from 3 sources. Interesting steering – it seemed to “snap” to centre if twisted slightly away from off-centre. I guess it’s electric power steering. I only did about 20 miles in it and it did grow on me a little – I can imagine people taking these out for brief test drives and hating them though.

Anyway, car passed, no advisories. Hurrah! Amazing how the MOT guarantee that I hoped would pay for the odd repair seems to instead guarantee that the car will pass. :) The OCD part of me is a little miffed that the car now has an non-Mercedes MOT in its history.

I asked about the next service – it’ll be a big one where everything needs doing. Use the online MyService system, I was told. Hmmm…well see.

12 years (3rd time round for fourth year service) might hurt a little

12 years (3rd time round for fourth year service) might hurt a little

I just looked it up on MyService and I reluctantly have to admit that it's better than I feared.

In round terms it quotes £400 - B service at £250 and additional work, air and fuel filter and brake fluid, at £150.

I hope it's not a glitch, although all of the local Inchcape owned dealers had the same price. More distant dealers were all at £575.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom