Not very happy with ECP.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've brought a lot of things from company's on eBay branding it as there "own" japspeed being one of them, and found out you can buy the exact same part from China a "non make" for a lot less and I see it more and more now so I would assume most things are made there and we sell them for alot more and call them are own, thanks UK lol.

How else are they supposed to earn a living??

Many Western manufacturers now have factories in China, it does not mean that the quality is adversely affected.

Local (non-branded) Chinese products may be crap, but if it comes from a reputable manufacturer then the physical location of the factory should not make a difference.

Some well-known names here:

American Corporations in China

Last edited:
Ordered Lemforder ball joints from the web site.
Supplied with TRW. I don't know who they are but they are not Lemforder.
Asked for the correct parts. Was assured that they would be there next morning.
The correct parts were not sent and I was told that they would not be sent.
I am annoyed to have had my time wasted twice and I still do not have the parts I ordered so I am further delayed.

Not good enough.

Why not order direct from the dealer if you are fussy about brands?

As I understand it some dealers are very reasonable.

Would make more sense than doing it on the cheap and then bitching about the cheapo suppliers.

In this case, I am complaining about failed service, not about price, having ordered the most expensive brand. This was part of a much larger order for a nineteen year old car. If a company offers truly comparable parts then why not use them? If they cannot supply what they have offered and then waste one's time that is justification for complaint.

In this case, I am complaining about failed service, not about price, having ordered the most expensive brand. This was part of a much larger order for a nineteen year old car. If a company offers truly comparable parts then why not use them? If they cannot supply what they have offered and then waste one's time that is justification for complaint.

ECP have a dreadful reputation for service but are recognised as being cheap, my point was that you (and others) made a decision to risk using ECP when you could have potentially bought the same parts for less at a dealer.

I believe that Newcastle offer a decent deal and deliver across the UK.

I did not "make a decision to take a risk". I ordered an advertised part at a quoted price and delivery time..

I have every sympathy with the OP. If you order something described with a certain brand name under the trades description act that's what you are entitled to get. If you order a new Mercedes E CLASS and on delivery day they hand you the keys to a BMW 5 series with the words - its the same thing mate-- you would rightly be ****** off big time.
That said on perusal of the ECP dreaded terms and conditions they are covered. If you object they will take the goods back but rely on the customer inertia effect that most won't bother.

Goods And Services

All brochures, specifications, drawings, catalogues, particulars, shapes, descriptions and illustrations, application guides and information, price lists and other advertising matter are intended only to present a general idea of the Goods and Services described in them and the images of the Goods on the website or otherwise are for illustrative purposes only
We reserve the right to deliver Goods of a modified design provided that any difference does not make the Goods unsuitable for any purpose you have made known to us.
The Goods will conform in all material respects to any sample provided to and accepted by us. The Goods and Services will conform in all material respects with any specification provided to and accepted by us. We reserve the right to amend any design or specification without prior notification provided that it does not adversely affect the performance of the Goods and Services.
We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of Goods (including without limitation paint) shown on the website or otherwise exactly reproduces the appearance and/or colours of the physical Goods themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations against your vehicle colour (whereby such colour may have been distorted due to weather conditions). Where LKQ agrees to provide a specifically mixed paint product, you agree to check the accuracy and suitability of such product and use in accordance with any manufacturer's guidance and instructions provided.
Please note that tools used to identify mixed paint products via printed samples or the manufacturer's identification code or electronically analysed either through the website and/or instore ("Colour Identification Tools") indicate the approximate colour of the product only, and are not representative of other characteristics such as the quality, durability or sheen of the eventual product purchased.
We recommend that you apply the mixed paint product (refer to clause 4.4 and 4.5 above) to a test card to compare to the actual surface to be painted before undertaking your vehicle bodywork and use in accordance with the manufacturer's instruction and/or guidance. This will give you a stronger indication of the appearance of the actual colour, which can be affected by the substrate of the eventual surface, size and lighting of the room.
4.7 All Goods supplied by us are subject to availability. We reserve the right in the event that we cannot supply you with the Goods that you have ordered, to supply you with substitute goods of equivalent or matching quality. In the event that you do not accept such substitute goods, we shall arrange and be responsible for the cost of collecting such substituted goods from you; subject to the goods being in the condition as provided at clause 5.3.2 and 16.1.3.
We retain all copyright and title to all documentation relating to Goods delivered to you by us. This documentation may only be used for the purposes intended in the Contract and not for any other purpose without our permission. It must be returned on demand.
Technical specifications are approximations unless specifically stated otherwise.
You will not remove, alter, deface, obfuscate or tamper with any of the trade marks, names or numbers affixed to or marked on the Goods nor allow anyone else to do so.
If the Goods are manufactured in accordance with any design or specification provided or made by you, you will compensate us in full on demand for all claims, expenses and liabilities of any nature in connection with them, including any claim, whether actual or alleged, that the design or specification infringes the rights of any third party.
We prohibit the audio or video recording of on-site professional or technical Services, or training and consultancy without the prior written consent of us.

see
Terms & Conditions | Euro Car Parts

Last edited:
As above - if you place an order for a new Audi, you won't accept a Volkswagen or a Skoda instead....

I have every sympathy with the OP. If you order something described with a certain brand name under the trades description act that's what you are entitled to get. If you order a new Mercedes E CLASS and on delivery day they hand you the keys to a BMW 5 series with the words - its the same thing mate-- you would rightly be ****** off big time.
That said on perusal of the ECP dreaded terms and conditions they are covered. If you object they will take the goods back but rely on the customer inertia effect that most won't bother.

Goods And Services

All brochures, specifications, drawings, catalogues, particulars, shapes, descriptions and illustrations, application guides and information, price lists and other advertising matter are intended only to present a general idea of the Goods and Services described in them and the images of the Goods on the website or otherwise are for illustrative purposes only
We reserve the right to deliver Goods of a modified design provided that any difference does not make the Goods unsuitable for any purpose you have made known to us.
The Goods will conform in all material respects to any sample provided to and accepted by us. The Goods and Services will conform in all material respects with any specification provided to and accepted by us. We reserve the right to amend any design or specification without prior notification provided that it does not adversely affect the performance of the Goods and Services.
We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of Goods (including without limitation paint) shown on the website or otherwise exactly reproduces the appearance and/or colours of the physical Goods themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations against your vehicle colour (whereby such colour may have been distorted due to weather conditions). Where LKQ agrees to provide a specifically mixed paint product, you agree to check the accuracy and suitability of such product and use in accordance with any manufacturer's guidance and instructions provided.
Please note that tools used to identify mixed paint products via printed samples or the manufacturer's identification code or electronically analysed either through the website and/or instore ("Colour Identification Tools") indicate the approximate colour of the product only, and are not representative of other characteristics such as the quality, durability or sheen of the eventual product purchased.
We recommend that you apply the mixed paint product (refer to clause 4.4 and 4.5 above) to a test card to compare to the actual surface to be painted before undertaking your vehicle bodywork and use in accordance with the manufacturer's instruction and/or guidance. This will give you a stronger indication of the appearance of the actual colour, which can be affected by the substrate of the eventual surface, size and lighting of the room.
4.7 All Goods supplied by us are subject to availability. We reserve the right in the event that we cannot supply you with the Goods that you have ordered, to supply you with substitute goods of equivalent or matching quality. In the event that you do not accept such substitute goods, we shall arrange and be responsible for the cost of collecting such substituted goods from you; subject to the goods being in the condition as provided at clause 5.3.2 and 16.1.3.
We retain all copyright and title to all documentation relating to Goods delivered to you by us. This documentation may only be used for the purposes intended in the Contract and not for any other purpose without our permission. It must be returned on demand.
Technical specifications are approximations unless specifically stated otherwise.
You will not remove, alter, deface, obfuscate or tamper with any of the trade marks, names or numbers affixed to or marked on the Goods nor allow anyone else to do so.
If the Goods are manufactured in accordance with any design or specification provided or made by you, you will compensate us in full on demand for all claims, expenses and liabilities of any nature in connection with them, including any claim, whether actual or alleged, that the design or specification infringes the rights of any third party.
We prohibit the audio or video recording of on-site professional or technical Services, or training and consultancy without the prior written consent of us.

see
Terms & Conditions | Euro Car Parts

My point, ta.

We deal with ECP on a Daily basis and they are terrible

We deal with ECP on a Daily basis and they are terrible

You'd have to ask why? :dk:

I use them, convenient, free delivery and when something does go wrong I can sort it at the local branch.

The experience on a professional basis is very different to that of the customer facing. My fiancee used to work for one of their suppliers, ECP were always a complete pain in the harris to deal with.

You'd have to ask why? :dk:

I use them, convenient, free delivery and when something does go wrong I can sort it at the local branch.

Seems to be different story depending on the branch, I used to spend a couple of grand a month on a professional basis with them and anything out of the ordinary they would struggle with and just generally a pain to deal with, so I stopped doing buisness with them, when you get a reputation like they have its kind of hard to see why people are 50/50 about them, there's one good thing about them there generally fast at delivering the part but what part you get is a complete mystery lol.

Many Western manufacturers now have factories in China, it does not mean that the quality is adversely affected.

Local (non-branded) Chinese products may be crap, but if it comes from a reputable manufacturer then the physical location of the factory should not make a difference.

Some well-known names here:

American Corporations in China

My Lemförders LCA which I bought from ECP were made in Italy.
Low quality Italian steel which showed bad surface rust after 3 months of use in summer.

Wonder what they would have looked like if I had used my car during winter? :eek:

Maybe Italian maffia have a factory making fake Lemförder parts then selling them parts all over the world?
This is what maffia do with food and olive oil manufacturing, it's all fake crap!

Who knows who the suppliers are for all webshops, where they get their parts from?

My Lemförders LCA which I bought from ECP were made in Italy.
Low quality Italian steel which showed bad surface rust after 3 months of use in summer.

Wonder what they would have looked like if I had used my car during winter? :eek:

Maybe Italian maffia have a factory making fake Lemförder parts then selling them parts all over the world?
This is what maffia do with food and olive oil manufacturing, it's all fake crap!

Who knows who the suppliers are for all webshops, where they get their parts from?

Perhaps they were counterfeit / fake?

Also, have you tried replacing them under warranty?

Perhaps they were counterfeit / fake?

Also, have you tried replacing them under warranty?

well I couldn't take them out.
I told mechanic who fitted these to remove surface rust then re-paint them while they were on my car.

Maybe the inserted rubber bushings are german but steel looked like chicken pox after it had rusted

Lemförder made in Italy is total crap.
Before purchase, it might be a good thing sending webshop an email asking for where these parts are manufactured, this can save all of us time and anger!
Lesson learned the hard way, cheap prices and cheap parts doesn't always mean it's a totally great deal!

Last edited:
I've got a huge box of suspension arms etc to rebuild the front end of my CLK. It's all boxed as TRW & Lemforder but the parts have all sorts of other ZF brands stamped on them - e.g. engine mounts are BOGE. All made in random countries - Lemforder arms Turkey, gearbox mount India, TRW arms France etc etc.

You could send them back, get replacements in a Lemforder box but the discover the actual part has TRW stamped on it anyway... what then? :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom