Nothing but the kitchen sink...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
So it's replacement kitchen time, which was always due, but now the bigger half of the oven has packed up and the washing machine is making a hole in the concrete floor (almost)...

I've had plastic and Corian sinks before and we have stainless now.

What are the club's experiences of other types like composite, ceramic etc. and what would you recommend?

We aren't looking to spend much as it is a sink after all, but I don't want something that will need changing a week after installation either!

Muchos grassyrse.

Avoid ceramics if you are actually going to use it, or perhaps more accurately have careless teenage oafs using it rarely.

Looks pretty but worst mistake we made when having the kitchen refitted.

That was 5 years ago and currently on third (and last) ceramic sink thanks to said careless teenage oafs dropping heavy items into it

we have had something like this for 5 years.

it looks as good as the day it went in. the big no no appranatly is dont use bleach in it. I do use bleach on the stainless wastes etc but I am careful not to get anything on the actual black itself.

have dropped stuff on it and its not chipped or anything though an item or 2 might have lost the argument with it.

We've got one of these
Shows here as Villeroy & Boch but when we bought it was a Thomas Denby product:dk:

Only minor problem with it is the waste outlets are small diameter and the supplied wastes don't drain very quickly.

Last edited:
I have stainless in Italy, and it's a pain to keep clean. Even the slightest drop of water leaves a mark if you live in an area with hard water...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom