Nothing happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julesprivate

Car
R230 SL500
I had a completely uneventful journey to Germany and back on the weekend.

I know a lot of the time posts on forums are asking for help or pointing out defects so I thought I would buck the trend and just say nothing happened.

OK so half an hour before I was scheduled to depart I found a flat tyre but other than that it was flawless.

At a steady 80 MPH I averaged 44 MPG on the way over and 43 MPG on the way back (I blame the extra weight of shopping for that).
it took 3 of us in comfort from Gloucester to Viersen in ~8 hours for a party and then got us home in about the same time the next day.
I think I did ~1000 miles including some running around and I only had to fill up once to get there and once to get back (and the range said I had 100 miles left when I got back).

I have to say I was impressed..as were my passengers, but that may have been due to the fact that as it hadn't used appreciably more fuel to take them than it would for me to go alone (~4MPG difference on my normal economy) I felt it inappropriate to charge them.. I think that works out at an extra 2 gallons of fuel used overall to carry them..

I've come to Mercedes quite late, and to diesels too come to think of it but I'm definitely on the way to being converted. I wasn't even all that tired after 18 hours of driving and ~9 hours of partying..

Sounds like a good trip

One day I'll get enough time off work to do a Euro road trip.

I had a completely uneventful journey to Germany and back on the weekend.

I know a lot of the time posts on forums are asking for help or pointing out defects so I thought I would buck the trend and just say nothing happened.

OK so half an hour before I was scheduled to depart I found a flat tyre but other than that it was flawless.

At a steady 80 MPH I averaged 44 MPG on the way over and 43 MPG on the way back (I blame the extra weight of shopping for that).
it took 3 of us in comfort from Gloucester to Viersen in ~8 hours for a party and then got us home in about the same time the next day.
I think I did ~1000 miles including some running around and I only had to fill up once to get there and once to get back (and the range said I had 100 miles left when I got back).

I have to say I was impressed..as were my passengers, but that may have been due to the fact that as it hadn't used appreciably more fuel to take them than it would for me to go alone (~4MPG difference on my normal economy) I felt it inappropriate to charge them.. I think that works out at an extra 2 gallons of fuel used overall to carry them..

I've come to Mercedes quite late, and to diesels too come to think of it but I'm definitely on the way to being converted. I wasn't even all that tired after 18 hours of driving and ~9 hours of partying..

Very very impressive..this was in a big heavy ML350 cdi...right?

Very very impressive..this was in a big heavy ML350 cdi...right?

You're joking...right??

I had couple of trips across Germany in ML 350 cdi.
Fully loaded (family of four plus luggage) and averaged around 32 mpg.

Never came even close to 40, let alone 40+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom