Nothing to do with cars...just an embarrasing moment !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petef

Car
Mercedes 200C
I have just come back from a holiday in Italy late last night. Being up bright and early this morning I trundled off to the newsagents to buy the paper. I was very reaxed and chilled and didnt have a care in the world. In fact it felt as if I was in the campsite shop...I handed over my money for the paper and waited my change off the very pretty young lady on the counter...Grazie..I said on receiving my change, much to the amusement of the shop assistant and others in the que. Instead of explaining myself ( which I should have done ) I scuttled off red faced and highly embarrased...:eek: :eek:

petef said:
I have just come back from a holiday in Italy late last night. Being up bright and early this morning I trundled off to the newsagents to buy the paper. I was very reaxed and chilled and didnt have a care in the world. In fact it felt as if I was in the campsite shop...I handed over my money for the paper and waited my change off the very pretty young lady on the counter...Grazie..I said on receiving my change, much to the amusement of the shop assistant and others in the que. Instead of explaining myself ( which I should have done ) I scuttled off red faced and highly embarrased...:eek: :eek:

I can remember when people thought it was continental and worldly to have use of salutations and greetings from different parts of the world. I can only assume that crossing the Thames is an overseas experience for some of these people.

miro said:
I can remember when people thought it was continental and worldly to have use of salutations and greetings from different parts of the world. I can only assume that crossing the Thames is an overseas experience for some of these people.

Some people think that Watford Gap is a border:devil: ;) :D

GRAV888 said:
Oh, but it is. I don't mean the service station and associated village - I mean philosophically. Anything north of Watford is a "Northerner" to us folk down in London!

-simon

SimonsMerc said:
Oh, but it is. I don't mean the service station and associated village - I mean philosophically. Anything north of Watford is a "Northerner" to us folk down in London!

-simon

Scuse me!!!!!

Anything North of Bristol is way up North. Watford indeed, that's a whole days camel ride from the English Riviera :D :cool:

John
A beautiful sunny morning in Torquay

glojo said:
Scuse me!!!!!

Anything North of Bristol is way up North. Watford indeed, that's a whole days camel ride from the English Riviera :D :cool:

John
A beautiful sunny morning in Torquay

Strewth .... anything North of the equator is a source of undesireables.

miro said:
Strewth .... anything North of the equator is a source of undesireables.

No, surely not, weren't all the undesirables sent off to the colonies years ago? :bannana:

Anyone South of Manchester is foriegn too:rolleyes:

GRAV888 said:

londoners think anything above watford gap is scotland:p .....lol.....and sunderland aint in scotland:mad: :p :D

Personally I find the strangeness starts just past Portland Bill ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom