Novice seeks help re DAB record / play in E Class.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon-Kent

Car
Mercedes E Class E250 SE ED 125 CDI
Hi All,
I'm a novice / beginner looking for some help / advice.

I have an late 2011 E class E250 CDI which I use at work. My previous E class had DAB radio & was great but sadly my latest one doesn't. So i'm looking to see if I can record DAB at home & then play it in my car. I have a Pure Evoke F4 which is capable of recording to a flash drive but when I then try to play it in my car via the interface socket & cable in the centre console it says 'no playable files' The music is on the flash drive as it does appear momentarily on the screen before I get the error message.

I have also tried putting the music on to my iPod Nano through iTunes but I get the message that 'file name' was not copied to the iPod "Simon's iPod" because it cannot be played on this iPod.

I have burnt the music onto a CD & tried to play that & whilst it was successful if I move the control wheel, even a fraction the music starts playing from the beginning, presumably because it is in effect, one long track without any gaps. (i'm hoping that I will be able to fast forward through the adverts & traffic announcements if i'm successful in being able to play DAB)

If anyone can give me any help or advice, I would very much appreciate it.
Many thanks, Simon :)

Make sure that you format your media to FAT32.

Thanks Chris, how do I do that? I'm a total novice i'm afraid. The flash drive i'm using is a Cruzer blade 4 GB, enough for about 30 hours but i'll be looking to get a larger one &/or others if I can get this to work.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, how do I do that? I'm a total novice i'm afraid. The flash drive i'm using is a Cruzer blade 4 GB, enough for about 30 hours but i'll be looking to get a larger one &/or others if I can get this to work.

Put the flash drive into your PC, right click on the drive and choose the format option for that drive, then chose FAT32 as the file format type.

This will wipe all files on the drive so you will need to copy them again.

If you get a larger flash drive do not get one larger than 32GB as you cannot format drives larger than this to FAT32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom