Now at a loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjgood

Car
Currently w211 E240, Porsche 911 C2 Cab, oh and a Fiesta
I wonder if the experts could assist please. W211 E240, I have an error message on the dash in white not red 'Service brakes'

Put car in and it needed rear pads, so pads and sensors were changed, still had the error message so they changed the rear sensors for new ones again.

Front sensors were also changed, front pads nearly new, SBC works fine and car behaves as usual (they put it on the rolling brake tester to double check).

Changed the brake light switch as I understand this sometimes can cause an error message but to no avail.

Garage who i use all the time for the four cars i have are scratching thier heads, any ideas please?

Could be the SBC pump, does your garage have Star diagnostic?

SBC Pump

No i dont think they have star, the pump fires up OK when starting the car and the pedal feel and stopping power is the same as normal.

Went to the dealers and discussed with them, without it going in to them they seemed to dismiss the pump and said the car would feel totally different with a vastly reduced braking performance if the pump was not working right.

They suggested removing some copper sleeves from the sensors?

No i dont think they have star, the pump fires up OK when starting the car and the pedal feel and stopping power is the same as normal.

Went to the dealers and discussed with them, without it going in to them they seemed to dismiss the pump and said the car would feel totally different with a vastly reduced braking performance if the pump was not working right.

They suggested removing some copper sleeves from the sensors?

I would not suggest that it is the sbc pump; but it may be. The car is designed to give plenty of warning of impending sbc failure and long before any discernible reduction of braking performance.
This car needs to go on STAR

Mic

Sorry, I misread the white and red bits, that's why I thought the pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom