Now have SBC Hold not sure how, very strange!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickday

Car
W212 E63
I had my car connected to Star on Saturday to do the tank gallons remaining mod, which now displays in IC fine!

I went out for a drive this afternoon and for some very strange reason my car now has SBC Hold, I know for sure that this has not been available before :confused:

Is this something that I may have enabled inadvertently through Star when modifying the instrument cluster to display remaining fuel?

Is this an option which can be enabled or disabled through star?

strange, ive used it a few times you sure you didnt have it before?? all 211's with sbc have it as far as im aware.

I am as sure as I can be (but not full 100%). I have certainly never seen or and the car has always crept forward when releasing the brake. I would have expected that at least once in the 1500 miles I have driven in the car since I have had it I would have turned it on at least once by accident!!

I could be wrong but I don't believe it's software. My 211 (early 03) does not have SBC Hold and when I researched it, the Hold came in late 03 models with a revised pump. I wanted fuel remaining (to replace Range) but I was told that's a software mod only available on Continental models.

Do all 211s have SBC even after the 2006 face lift? I have an 07 and this has HOLD, but I didn't think they still had SBC?

How did you discover you have SBC Hold?

To invoke SBC Hold one has to brake as normal, then when stopped and without releasing the pedal pressure, press the brake pedal 'to the floor'. Not something one does accidentally?

Also

SBC STOP

The system offers several additional functions besides a new braking behavior, due to its electronic brain: In stop-and-go traffic the vehicle brakes automatically,
when the foot is lifted off the accelerator pedal ("Traffic Jam Assist").
It can be engaged under 10 MPH, using the the cruise control lever and switches off automatically at higher speeds.
It remains active under 40 MPH. When engaged the instrument cluster indicates "SBC S".
One can also activate it on downhill slopes via cruise control, so the car won't speed over the set limit.
It was deleted starting with MY 2005.

Do all 211s have SBC even after the 2006 face lift? I have an 07 and this has HOLD, but I didn't think they still had SBC?

Yes, HOLD is on the facelift cars, implemented with the standard brake system — using the ESP actuators, I'd imagine. A great feature.

Yes, HOLD is on the facelift cars, implemented with the standard brake system — using the ESP actuators, I'd imagine. A great feature.

I would say BAS on the later models, ESP actuators in case of SBC brakes (works from the big high pressure reservoir).

I am as sure as I can be (but not full 100%). I have certainly never seen or and the car has always crept forward when releasing the brake. I would have expected that at least once in the 1500 miles I have driven in the car since I have had it I would have turned it on at least once by accident!!

This^. Hold is not an automatic function. You have to positively re-press the brake pedal without having released it after coming to a halt for it to engage. And it can be a bit of a knack to acquire on some cars apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom