Now I like the S210 with OM613 as much as the next man...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He advertises s lot on Retro Rides, all in a similar vein, minty low milers with big prices, fine cars those, i bought one when they were newish, silver,mostly brown near the end.

I loved all of my 210's. I've had 3 320 CDI's and an E430. Great cars.

However, this one is over-priced and if unlucky enough to have a write-off situation, even if it was specced/declared with gold-plated pistons and every bell and whistle, expect a pay out of circa £5k less than the asking price if you are lucky. I know - I've been there!

Also, for a few grand more, one can buy a 10-years younger, 3.0 Audi A6, or up a few grand again, a 3.0Bi-TDI that is more emissions-compliant, nicer on the eye, 50mpg on a run and over 3.5 seconds quicker to 60.

Plus, even on a very well cared for 210, there IS rust!

Loved my 210's, but those days are gone...

Probably the best non-import one I've seen. What does the panel think it's worth? £5k?

Do these cars actually sell for anything around those figures?

Do these cars actually sell for anything around those figures?

No. I know the OM613 has a huge reputation for reliability, but the sort of person to whom that might be a major selling point isn't going to pay £8K for one.

A petrol V8 S210, particularly an E55, might make somewhere near that, but not a dirty old diesel, minty low-miler or not. (That's just my opinion; other opinions are available). Then again, there might be that big a mug out there somewhere...

There's an '03 silver S211 320 diesel on eBay for £5K, with only 57K on the clock. I know which I'd have...

I actually meant, these almost perfect examples of cars that are twice the price of the average?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom