Now in the "MB Club", bought a W202 CDi runaround, few Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Movi-Star

Car
Black 2005 C55 AMG
Sold my 410 bhp Evo IX last week, wanting a C55 saloon, but until a suitable one becomes available I've "splashed" out on a nice W-plate C220 CDi runaround!

Really pleased with it so far, looks to have been well looked after, 5 matching Continental tyres, MB history, not bad for a BCA auction buy.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. What colour code is it (its met silver with dark grey bumper trim) I need the code for the dark grey bumper bit?
2. What MPG should I see? I've come from a car that did 18mpg so loving the improvement!
3. Wheres the ariel, radio is not good?
4. When is the cambelt changed?
5. Any opinions on those Diesel Tuning Boxes, seem very good, 25% increase in power, 10% in economy.
6. Anyone want to sell their C55 saloon???:thumb:

Thanks

1. You can check the option codes by entering your VIN on one of the several Russian sites, etc:
Ìîäåëü
Or get your car's official MB Datacard by subscribing to MB's online EPC (very useful service) for around a tenner a year.

4. As far as I know all MB cars have chain driven engines, so no camblet to change - but I am not familiar with every single MB model so could be wrong.

6. I would love to sell you one if I had it... then I could buy a C63 :D

1. What colour code is it (its met silver with dark grey bumper trim) I need the
code for the dark grey bumper bit?
181 Atlas Grey (the main bodywork is 744 Brilliant Silver)
3. Wheres the ariel, radio is not good?
Built into the rear window and yes the reception is generally poor :(
4. When is the cambelt changed?
It's a chain so it'll only need changing if it starts making noise - it's a proper car remember! :doh:

1. The code is on the plate under the bonett
2. 40-48MPG?
3.Aerial amp is normally the issue
4. No cambelts on Mercs
5. Tuning boxes do not add 25% more power! but they do work

When are you going to be finished with it. I would like it after you if it is cheap enough.

Thanks for the responses, thats helped me a lot.

Olly, source me a black C55 and its yours! :) So nearly got the one at Beck Evans :(

I've been that pleased with it I may keep it when I eventually find a C55 and use it when the weather is bad/general runaround car.

I've a few questions about your Evo IX if you don't mind.

How long did you have it, how did you drive it and how long did the clutch last? did you ever change it?

Hope you don't mind

I had it 17 months (315bhp Impreza the previous 5 years!), drove it how it was designed to go, it had exceptional grip and power, the clutch was uprated by the previous owner to a Excedy one.

I've a few questions about your Evo IX if you don't mind.

How long did you have it, how did you drive it and how long did the clutch last? did you ever change it?

Hope you don't mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom