now showing in a C Class near you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepe

Car
c250 td 1998
Some pics of my Motorised clarion screen with dvd playing. screen also acts as my display for navigation.

screen+1008.jpg

screen+1010.jpg

Nice!

What Clarion is that?

I looked at a motorised Clarion screen, but it was Navigation only - not an audio headunit too.

The only reason I did not get it and have it as well as my Headunit was the lack of European maps for the Clarion unit.

PS - do you have Climate Control too??

Its a VRX6470, the current model is 613 i think but basically the same unit. The only downside with it was you cant put a video signal straight into it, you have to buy clarions tv tuner and your dvd routes through that (just a way of getting more cash off you i suppose) Yeah i do have climate control, I just tilt screen forward if i need to get to it.

Neat piece of kit. I like the fact you get a big screen but it all still fits in a single DIN slot. Is the TV unit another box housed somewhere else, like the boot, or a plug in module into the head unit itself? Does your unit have Europe capability when it comes to sat nav?

Looks really cool pepe :D

S.

P.S. You need to change the cover of your Nokia phone to match the car interior :p hehe

heres some pics of the nav display and of the unit closed, the tv tuner is a separate box which ive installed in the recess under the passenger carpet. screen also has rds tuner, and cds and mp3's can be played via the dvd player ,a multichanger could be added but the dvd player serves me fine for this purpose. Not long had the phone but there seems to be no shortage of replacment facias for nokias.
screen+1016.jpg

screen+1015.jpg

How does your sat nav work then - where is the map data located ? is it a cd inside the screen / head unit ?

S.

The nav system is a separate unit the size of a car stereo, its a clarion nax9500 which is in the boot ,all the nav functions can be controlled from the head unit as can the tv tuner as thats a clarion part too. Dont really use the nav that much to be honest but would never get rid of it cause its sods law that as soon as i did id get lost all the time !!:p

the map ive got is uk but to use it in europe you have to buy the disk for that country. A friend of mine can get honda navs cheap (same size as command) and that is dvd based so has the uk and europe on a single disk but being a double din unit wont fit in mine, although shudes thread has proven me wrong, one day i might be confident enough to chop my dash up !!

cheers pepe - all makes sense now ! (You got enought boxes dotted around the car to be going on with ! ! :p )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom