Now then, now then guys and gals.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whether or not the rumours true, I think the weight of their allegations is lost because they waited until he croaks it to come out.

They don't for me. He had a tendecy to litigation. He is also reputed to have threatened to pull out of his charitable work costing children's hospital charity income losses if it all came out. Arguing that the losers would be sick children.

I've heard that one reason why this didn't come out earlier in the press whilst he was still alive was that he threatened to stop his charitable activities/donations if the allegations were made public.

Whether or not the rumours true, I think the weight of their allegations is lost because they waited until he croaks it to come out.

Errr... Not true. Some came forward years ago to the Police.

Also the Haut de la Garenne investigation received allegations against him but this was not prosecuted.

being dead does not allow us to re-write history nor does it or should it be used an excuse to allow any "alleged" victims their justice.

^^
Let me keep abusing them and I will keep throwing money at them.
Sir Jimmy jeez, come back Garry Glitter, all is forgiven

being dead does not allow us to re-write history nor does it or should it be used an excuse to allow any "alleged" victims their justice.

Never said it did.

But what justice will his alleged victims get? Nonce or not, he's dead so they'll never get to see him suffer in the way he (allegedly) did to them.

They get the justice of hopefully seeing their abuser named and shamed.

One report says that a 14 year old girl committed suicide at 19 unable to cope with what had happened.

Trust me here. When you are right and nobody wants to believe you are right that is a terrible place to be. Sometimes just hearing that you are believed gives you justice.

The press at the time did not print the allegations as it is alleged that he told them they would be the cause of the Charity money drying up.

Does give new resonance to "Jim fixed it for me" doesn't it.:( Immature personality type , mother fixation, no long term female adult relationship, never grew up, close access to lots of young people - a fairly classic profile I would venture?:doh:

And I thought one of the national traits of Britain was the presumption of innocence and the ability to face your own accuser in court.

If you believe you are morally right (think of the children kind of person) then they should have published this documentary years ago and made all the allegations and alleged proof available to police and CPS.

If they shut up until the man was dead so he cannot defend himself or that they were in the pocket of J.Saville so he had card blanche to abuse then the people that made the program or the accusers are even worse than a child abuser as they let it happen in lieu of personal profit.

and Grober this is the most dangerous line I have seen since the The Sun headline to find them all which lead to a paediatrician home/office to be vandalised.

Immature personality type , mother fixation, no long term female adult relationship, never grew up, close access to lots of young people -

Whats next?
Rich, well do to, big nose and pennant for making money = the root of all evil
or
turban wearing, brown skin, believer in another fair = terrorist

So he was investigated while he was alive, and for whatever reason, never prosecuted. Now he's dead, fresh allegations come out, but now he can't defend himself so we'll only ever have a one sided story.

I'm in no way saying he hasn't done anything, but it's simply impossible to take a now one sided story and be able to make any meaningful judgement from it.

Any solicitor would of jumped at the chance to take a high profile celebrity down if there was any substantial evidence.Now he is dead,he can't answer any of these allegations.Who knows? well,it should up the tv ratings, job done.

And I thought one of the national traits of Britain was the presumption of innocence and the ability to face your own accuser in court.

Not anymore I'm afraid, trial by tabloid is the way forward for most people now.

Immature personality type , mother fixation, no long term female adult relationship, never grew up, close access to lots of young people -

Whats next?
Rich, well do to, big nose and pennant for making money = the root of all evil
or
turban wearing, brown skin, believer in another fair = terrorist
Reminds me of the shootings in Columbine - apparently the two guys were quiet, kept themselves to themselves, watched violent movies *and* they used the internet! Clearly it was a timebomb waiting to go off.

OK he's dead. So problem gone now. Nothing more to worry about. carry on with your life, pretend things never happened.

Very easy words chaps. The guy that murdered my wife's brother is also dead. Strange thing happened though. He still is and was the guy who murdered my wife's brother. You see when he died my wife's brother did not come back to life. My wife did not forget her pain at her loss.

Why stop there anyway? Somebody abuses your kids, they die without being prosecuted. No issue here. You just tell your kids to forget it and move on happy in the knowledge that their abuser is dead.

It is a well established fact that most abusers engineer their life to allow them access to their abuse and that is usually achieved by getting themselves into positions where they will not be questioned even if suspected. If reported they can stand up and say that the accuser is making it all up.

Children by nature are vulnerable. As adults we owe it them to give them protection. If he is guilty of this and his naming and shaming convinces one other person to stop !!! Then some good has come out of this.

If they shut up until the man was dead so he cannot defend himself or that they were in the pocket of J.Saville so he had card blanche to abuse then the people that made the program or the accusers are even worse than a child abuser as they let it happen in lieu of personal profit.

Quite.

Admittedly I didn't watch the documentary, but following the story on Channel 4 News, last night's edition had allegations from a women claiming she (then aged 14) and a friend were invited into his motorhome while they were holidaying. This they did - repeatedly.
How bad was the 'abuse' that they went back for more?

In this kind of circumstance, prosecution has to occur while the accused is still alive to profer a defence. Otherwise trashing the reputations of the dead will become the new tabloid sport.
This also requires that children are listened to and heard. Something that took far too long in Rochester. Hopefully, lessons have been learned and will be acted upon.

Why stop there anyway? Somebody abuses your kids, they die without being prosecuted. No issue here. You just tell your kids to forget it and move on happy in the knowledge that their abuser is dead.

Nope.
Prosecute while they are still alive. After all, you cannot jail a dead man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom