Now then, these are rare...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jobsworth

MB Enthusiast
Car
One or two...
Ok, it's all the money, and a bit more, but the mileage is good, and the colour is stunning. Interior a bit light for a mucky pup like me, but overall I like. Just up the road from me, and I know the owner of the business. If anyone wants me to check it out, just ask. Go on. Please!

2004 (53) Mercedes SL55 AMG for Sale

There's another thread on this car somewhere...............

Half price for an almost new example?

Difficult to value, find one better for less etc.

Examples with teens to early thirties mileage wise are up for £34-38k.

This example with 6k miles is £55k:

Auto Trader logo

Most people won’t want to pay £60k for an SL55, but then it’s not a car for most people. And to be fair, 1600 miles is pretty much unique?

For someone who wants the very best, it could well be a premium that they are prepared to pay :thumb:

It may not fetch the asking price, but probably somewhere in that ballpark. Supply (1 example) and demand (1 buyer needed) will sort this out. If it doesn’t sell, the price will drop a bit. Or the current owner/seller will be keeping it :)

That will not sell for £60k even though it has the F1 pack and rediculously low mileage. The colour is a bit marmite too.

my thoughts are whether this car would do more for the extra money you're spending on it, vs a well used one at a fraction of the price. unless it was a unique car, i wouldnt personally shell out for it. it is impressive that such a car exists, certainly, and if all i wanted was an SL55 to drive for the next 10 years and put on a 100k miles, then, yes sir, i would consider it but 60k can get me an e55, cls, sl55,all together + insurance and maintenance covered. thats what i would do lol

There are plenty of cars that I would buy in a heart beat should I ever find one with with just 1600 miles at close to 50% of the list price, but the SL 55 AMG isn’t one of them.

Someone out there might snap it up though. The lack of service history seems odd to me, and may limit it’s appeal slightly. As the saying goes, find me another for less...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom