Now there’s a W212 E500!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SW18

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model Y (Formerly S212 E500)
Having just had a thread on that S212, here’s a W212 E500 and it’s £6k cheaper at just £10k. Ok, so it’s double the mileage, has had 5 owners, is a saloon and is a bit poverty-spec. But that’s a lot of car for the money...

Auto Trader logo

Oh! My somewhat geeky notes on E500s for sale tell me that the same same car was advertised in December 2017 for £15k. It was listed then as having full MBSH. It’s done about 15k miles since then.

The AMG stickers on the painted blue brake calipers, budget tyres and extra V8 badges etc along with the MOT history could be clues to the sort of life it’s had?

There’s some proper cherished E500s out there in impeccable condition from wealthy owners etc but that doesn’t look like one of them to me. Poor spec too as mentioned?

Looks like its sitting high? And that awful Silver trim not keen on the exterior either:crazy:

Always interested in other E500's for sale but agree with what's been said already. That is Miles apart from the 'brown' one...
Bugs me how dealers keep such a car in stock with not a drop of fuel in them too!

Looks like its sitting high? And that awful Silver trim not keen on the exterior either:crazy:
Must’ve had the air Matic raised when photographing it?

…. and is a bit poverty-spec. ...

[/finest Monty Python voice]Poverty spec? Poverty spec?! I have to change my own gears in mine, and if I want to heat the seats, I need to bring a hot water bottle. Damn, kids today don't know they are born etc. [/finest Monty Python voice] ;) :p

Loving the fact that with a modern range topper, 4 zone climate, memory front seats and the rest is poverty :)

Martin.

Must admit, love my w211 E500 sport facelift. Not seen one for sale since. Pic when I first got it (side badges quickly removed).
9f98260e41f33ca67f57b830c5634783.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/finest Monty Python voice]Poverty spec? Poverty spec?! I have to change my own gears in mine, and if I want to heat the seats, I need to bring a hot water bottle. Damn, kids today don't know they are born etc. [/finest Monty Python voice] ;) :p

Loving the fact that with a modern range topper, 4 zone climate, memory front seats and the rest is poverty :)

Martin.

:) I guess I meant it relatively, given that most examples have various costly extras

:) I guess I meant it relatively, given that most examples have various costly extras

Absolutely. What extra toys would be expected on a 212 500?

Martin.

Nappa leather, external and internal colours (i.e not black or silver with black interior), walnut steering wheel, upgraded Audio, iPod integration, panoramic full length roof, split/fold seats on a a saloon.

Must admit, love my w211 E500 sport facelift. Not seen one for sale since. Pic when I first got it (side badges quickly removed).
9f98260e41f33ca67f57b830c5634783.jpg

Don't rub it in. I still remember you grabbing that facelift 5.5

What was it: 18 months ago ?

Martin.

Other typical toys might be distronic, parking sensors, reversing camera, heated rear seats (I think heated fronts was standard issue), vented and cooled front seats, TV, garage door opener...

I’ve not seen one with genuinely ‘all option boxes ticked’ but they are often well spec’d by original owners not afraid of an extra £10k on the purchase invoice.

13 months ago. It’s the longest I’ve ever owned a car. Getting itchy though for QP [emoji3]

Time flies. Did you replace the exhaust, or mod the resonator, as you were thinking, or did you just do what most of us do and stick with it, as is?

Stuck with it [emoji3] I does actually sound pretty good from the outside.

Thought you would. At first you think it's quiet because of the soundproofing, and then you leave the windows open and realise that that V8 sounds fine. "When proceeding at the National Speed Limit," obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom