Now this has got to hurt...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that Graemes friend?? :)

What a Donkey:( :( :( He could of let the Stig do that...:D

He'll get is moneys worth out of the insurance! Bet his premium goes up next year!

Oh no. Who insures those btw and has anyone any idea of how much?

It crashed at the end of my road, and the police did know about it, they had the road closed for over a hour:D

Absolutely :eek:

Oohh that will cost. Could that be repaired in the UK?

Back to the factory in Molsheim perhaps. (Which is of course in France. Only sounds German because it is in the Alsace :rolleyes: )

What the hell is wrong with red + black? They're the official press-launch colours from a few years ago. Believe me you can get some more exciting combinations than that :D. In fact if you supply a sample they will do it any colour you like, subject to technical limitations.

Nick Lancaster, chief executive of dealer HR Owen, which sold the car, told The Sun: "It is the first Veyron I have heard of being damaged. We cannot say yet whether it is written off or not."
Of course it's not written off. It's going to cost a lot to mend but no way would it be written off unless almost every part had been squished in to little pieces.

Of course it's not written off. It's going to cost a lot to mend but no way would it be written off unless almost every part had been squished in to little pieces.

Given the cost of the car to make, versus the sale price - there is no reason to believe that parts and labour are going to be value for money. If one super expensive piece of the car (chassis, tub or similar), plus the cost of labour was to come in a substantial percentage of the car's insured value - surely they'd write it off?

Something like Cat B or Cat C damage?

If it costs 5 million to make one, there must be some expensive bits in there somewhere!

Given the cost of the car to make, versus the sale price - there is no reason to believe that parts and labour are going to be value for money. If one super expensive piece of the car (chassis, tub or similar), plus the cost of labour was to come in a substantial percentage of the car's insured value - surely they'd write it off?

Something like Cat B or Cat C damage?

If it costs 5 million to make one, there must be some expensive bits in there somewhere!
Yes, but...

A used Veyron, new Veyron and rebuilt Veyron are all going to be worth about the same because they are a Veyron.

To build a new Veyron you have the labour/machine costs to build plus parts.

To rebuild a smashed Veyron you have labour/machine to strip, labour/machine to build plus some parts.

So long as the saving on (not broken) parts is greater than the cost of labour/machine to strip then it is worth rebuilding (in crude terms). Precisely because the parts are worth so much it is more likely to be worth rebuilding as the labour / plant costs reduce as a percentage of overall costs.

Note - the same may not be true for Mercedes!

Yes, but...

A used Veyron, new Veyron and rebuilt Veyron are all going to be worth about the same because they are a Veyron.

I am not saying this isn't worth re-building (the engine is possibly the single most expensive item and is, presumably, undamaged), but I have to disagree with this statement.

A crash repaired Veyron is going to be very difficult to sell indeed unless massively discounted. People with enough money to buy and run one would not consider buying this one in a million years. Only a hefty price reduction will ever shift this one.

Philip

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom