Now this is intriguing..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Can I first say that I’ve no affiliation whatsoever? Not sure if this is kosher or not, but, as I say, intriguing nonetheless.

1978 R107 for auction, looks to be in good nick, no description much to speak of but a few photos. I have no idea who the outfit selling are, and their website is a bit skimpy on the details, but it appears to be a real company, with real directors, a bricks and mortar address and a UK landline number. Makes me wonder if they are repo men or something similar.

So, have a gander and see what you think. Wrong end of the country for me, but maybe one of you lot out there has some spare cash and an adventurous nature. The bid’s only at £500.. what could possibly go wrong?

Cheers,

Gaz

Sounds like a repossession type outfit . their website says quite a bit and companies house has them registered in Jan 2019 in Bolton as a 47990 company. 47990 = 'other retail sale not in stores, stalls or markets.

They might have to realise a certain amount to cover a bankruptcy/estate debt etc.

Some interesting cars on that site (Anyone else notice the F&F Supra?!) :p

How about their 'Classic Cars' auction :)

I bought a Mondeo from one of these repo outfits once. No warranties whatsoever but a good 2 grand cheaper than retail. Was wedged between a load of commercial catering stuff and a tractor ! The owner told me they had to realise a certain amount of the debt that had zero bearing on the value of the items being sold. They also had a petrol q7 that at the time we're going for 40 grand plus and they had to get a minimum of 17 grand. I tried to borrow the dosh to resell on but bricked it at the last minute !

Some interesting stuff , fancy the Ducati 748 SPS. Drove one around 10 years (and three stone) ago and it was the most uncomfortable motorcycle i had ever had a shot of but it would look nice in the dining room.:D

K

Last edited:
The bid’s only at £500.. what could possibly go wrong?

I don't think you can see where the bid is without logging in? £500 was the 'starting bid'.

If memory serves, prices for fully restored examples range from £20k to £50k, so an original car in an auction will fetch what - £10k? £15k?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom