Nox Sensor 1: C200 Petrol (AMG) (Automatic) (2016)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bmart2020

Car
Mercedes c200 petrol (automatic) AMG
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2016 Mercedes c200 AMG auto petrol (private purchase). It had 3 year service with Mercedes. Last service in August.

After two months with no issues whatsoever, Engine Light (Amber) came on after refuelling.

Was quoted a fairly hefty price to have it diagnosed by Mercedes, so took it to an Indy who showed me the diagnostic related to Nox Sensor 1 (lower case f fault, stored and not current). He got the light off and suggested may have been due to poor fuel.

One week of no issues, refuelled, this time at BP to make sure it was good / clean fuel. About 30 miles later - light comes back on.

it’s obviously frustrating but really just want to understand if I can tell it’s to do with:

a) a broken or faulty sensor; or
B) something else that the sensor is picking up.

i.e. I don’t want to spend a fair whack of money replacing a sensor just for this to happen again (and again).

anyone any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Brian

We have a 2015 C class sport petrol estate which we purchased from MB main dealer Hughes Beaconsfield 3 years ago. so far we have had the Nox sensor replaced 3 times. The last sensor lasted 6 months some 1600 miles. Mercedes did replace without further cost, but this appears to be a real issue especially if cars are doing short trips and lower mileage. Is anyone else having the same or similar issues and can they share any outcomes. Thanks

THE THING THAT KILLS THEM IS MOISTURE IN THE EXHAUST LOTS OF SHORT TRIPS IN COLD WEATHER WILL DO IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom