Nox sensor & adblue issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Basel

Car
Mercedes E-Class 220, 2016
Hello everyone, I hope you are well ,

My car is Mercedes-Benz E Class 220 AMG, year 2016.《 Millage 40k 》

1 month ago a get engine light appeared on the dashboard , after inspection the local garage said the issue with the NOx sensor 2 (cyclinder bank 1), has a malfunction.

Couple of days later I get Message say
Adblue Engine. start not possible in 400 miles although the Adblue tank is full.

Could you help me what is the problem and if my car under the emissions warranty by law.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hello everyone, I hope you are well ,

My car is Mercedes-Benz E Class 220 AMG, year 2016.《 Millage 40k 》

1 month ago a get engine light appeared on the dashboard , after inspection the local garage said the issue with the NOx sensor 2 (cyclinder bank 1), has a malfunction.

Couple of days later I get Message say
Adblue Engine. start not possible in 400 miles although the Adblue tank is full.

Could you help me what is the problem and if my car under the emissions warranty by law.

Please advise.

Thanks
I beleive nox will be replaced under warranty, but ad blue can be an issue.

On other thread i mentioned i having similar issues. Nox was replaced free of charge but now i got a bill for £1600 approx includes diagnostic and parts labor charge.

May i know what is this law about emission warranty?

I beleive nox will be replaced under warranty, but ad blue can be an issue.

On other thread i mentioned i having similar issues. Nox was replaced free of charge but now i got a bill for £1600 approx includes diagnostic and parts labor charge.

May i know what is this law about emission warranty?
You can read all about here...

There are two different issues here. The Mercedes software upgrade is in relation to engine settings which allow too much NOx to be omitted under certain running conditions and thus breaking emission regulations. European manufacturers have been allowed to rectify this by offering free software modification to the cars in question. As such it can be termed a modification rather than fault in that the car was operating correctly albeit illegally. The problem with the adblue system is that it is fault/failure of a system that is otherwise legal when operating correctly and if out of warranty Mercedes apparently feel no obligation to rectify. In both instances customer gets a raw deal.

Morning all, greatful for some help / advice if poss..
I have a C class estate 2016 auto Sport Premium Plus. Its got 24000 miles on it but due to lockdown has seen much action recently. The car has been back to Mercedes twice for the emissions recalls and the lst one, in Oct 2020, they fitted a new NOx sensor foc. This was described as "NOx sensor downstream of SCR Catallytic convertor" The part # was MBA000 905 15 12/80 (021) I think.
My question is this.......... the car has just been out for a run & the EML came on showing P2208 when I put on the OBD meter. I took it for a long high gear hot run and when back cleared the code via the OBD.
Is this code (P2208) relating to the same sensor as above; it came up on the OBD as "NOx sensor heated centre bank1, sensor 1"

Any advice warmly received...TIA..Neil

Bought a 62 Plate Merc ML at the beginning of May. A week ago I got message something like "1,700 miles before AdBlue runs out". I filled AdBlue to the brim. EML light still on. Tried all the tricks on the web to turn it off. No Go. Next day "600 miles engine won't restart". Took it to MB Oxford today. They are getting 2 Nox sensors for the end of the week. They want £1,871.52. and will have to remove exhaust. 3.8 hours

I am going to qualify my last reply. Are you sure they are not also going to replace the adblue tank as well--- this would certainly bump the price up-- suspect this might be the case if they have to remove the exhaust- in later MB models I believe the adblue level in the tank is measured ultrasonically and the ultrasonic sensor is an integral part of the tank.

They didn't mention the adblue tank... just the Nox sensors

Would this gadget help.........
1622317250467.png

Mercedes Quote with Part Numbers for replacing Nox Sensors on 2012 ML250 TOTAL £ 1,620.96

Labour 3.8 HOURS £385.70

MA166 520 02 23 NOISE CAPSULE £ 88.50

MA000 905 35 03 104A05 NOX SENSOR £417.00

MA202 490 08 41 108C05 CLAMP £ 10.00

MA000 492 08 81 101D04C SEAL RING £ 5.75

MA000 492 08 81 101D04C SEAL RING £ 5.75

MA202 490 08 41 108C05 CLAMP £ 10.00

MN910143 008 006 102D06C HEXALOBULAR BOL £ 1.40

MN910143 008 006 102D06C HEXALOBULAR BOL £ 1.40

MA000 905 36 03 104A13 NOX SENSOR £379.00

MA002 995 49 02 107E09 PIPECLAMP F EXH £ 46.30

NET £1,350.80
VAT £ 270.16
TOTAL £ 1,620.96

Hi
I booked my car into the dealer because the Adblue warning says I have 250 miles left but the tank shows 1/2 full and has not dropped for a while. When I collected the car the service department told me that the parts needed to fix my car are not available in Germany and he has cars waiting 4 months for parts. He did say that the warranty will pay for the parts. He also told me that when the car gets to 0 miles the car won’t cut out but will not start the next time.
i told him that but the end of the week I won’t be able to start the car. He told me that he cannot offer a loan car as it will be needed for such a long time.
So now I will have to wait until the car won’t start and then wait until the dealer car get the parts in.

I was waiting on Nox sensor and told there’s back log of at least 6 wks , So mines been away for a remap. Also informed there’s a 5 mth waiting list on some steering racks for some of the M Ls.

I was waiting on Nox sensor and told there’s back log of at least 6 wks , So mines been away for a remap. Also informed there’s a 5 mth waiting list on some steering racks for some of the M Ls.
Hi Mercmancdi, given I might end up in this situation and can’t be without my car for such a length of time (work) can you please elaborate on what you mean by the remap. Does this solve the problem, albeit temporarily?

Hi Mercmancdi, given I might end up in this situation and can’t be without my car for such a length of time (work) can you please elaborate on what you mean by the remap. Does this solve the problem, albeit temporarily?
It maps out the sensors completely but is put back to normal once the new ones are fitted. In the mean time it uses no Adblue. Not technically legal but prefer it than looking at a orange engine light all day. Would like to keep it permanently but I don’t think it would meet the mot requirements so mine was done under conditions I have to take it back once they have sensors in.

It maps out the sensors completely but is put back to normal once the new ones are fitted. In the mean time it uses no Adblue. Not technically legal but prefer it than looking at a orange engine light all day. Would like to keep it permanently but I don’t think it would meet the mot requirements so mine was done under conditions I have to take it back once they have sensors in.
Was that through main dealer or is the borderline legality something I need to go elsewhere for? I have 230 mile left on my countdown and it’s not in til Wednesday. If there’s a delay on repair I’ll need a viable plan b!

Was that through main dealer or is the borderline legality something I need to go elsewhere for? I have 230 mile left on my countdown and it’s not in til Wednesday. If there’s a delay on repair I’ll need a viable plan b!

Have you looked at this other thread for more information on these issues?

Have you looked at this other thread for more information on these issues?

I have, I’ve also posted in it - unless I’ve missed something there isn’t anything answering my specific question unfortunately

Was a reputable indi and only reason they done it it was not for me but the car sales I bought it from as they do all there M B work and car was under warranty. I moaned about driving with the light on even though M B said it would do no harm . ( not sure about that)
and as said I have been advised I have to take it back when they call me in.

I haven't used one but I think tat this £300 gadget overrides the EML message that says "You won't be able to restart in xxx miles
I guess it would be handy to keep in the car to keep you on the road.

Just wondered if anyone has tried this gadget............It's on YOU TUBE
1622317092013.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom